Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Sad Day!


I know you can't tell by the smile on my face, but this was a very sad day. I have to start off by saying that I am not a very sentimental person at all, and I never thought I would have this kind of reation, but I was nearly in tears. I got all of the baby girl clothes and everything that Hayden has outgrown out of the attic and loaded them up to give to a friend. It was so sad as I was going through them. Some of the clothes had been worn by all three of the girls. I kept pulling things out and saying to Nick, "remember when Hallie wore this?", "remember my mom gave this to Avery for her first birthday?" It brought back a flood of memories of places we had been in these clothes and things we had done in them. But, what am I going to do, just keep them in the attic? As they say, "to everything there is a season," and we are moving into a new season of life. My babies are growing up!!! So, enjoy the clothes Dave and Jaycee, and make your own special memories!!





Hayden did not enjoy playing fashion show. Hallie and Avery have always loved when I get clothes out of the attic. They want to try on EVERYTHING! Hayden wanted no part of it! This jacket and these boots were the only things I could get her to try on, and the jacket was only after a lot of bribing. She was however, very interested in the newborn shoes and kept throwing a fit when she couldn't get them on. That girl just loves her shoes!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I'm right there with you. I have tons of new clothes for Olivia, but I have her wear the hand-me-downs from Addison for sentimental reasons only. I cleaned some clothes out recently to give to someone too and it was hard.

Gaengy said...

I guess you are your moms girl after all you go girl! I remember not being close to tears, but in tears! Even stuff I knew we could never use again were special for all those sentimental memories Sorry it was a sad day!

Natalie Que said...

I kept my most, most favorite things of Laine's. I haven't kept anything of Gabe's and just went through more tonight. I haven't been very sentimental, but I only had 1 kid in each of the sets of clothes and didn't get a chance to get that attached I guess!

Englishfam said...

Isn't it weird how baby clothes make you sentimental like that? I am usually a total thrower of everything. Baby clothes included most of the time, but there are those few outfits that you just can't bear to part with. It is also so fun to think that they were ever that small at one point. I just have the opposite problem of having all these boys clothes. I am not sure the clothes can stand to be passed down one more time, I guess it's time for a girl. :) Well not TIME yet, but next time. haha