The other day while I was looking on line I found some beauty tips using household items. I am always looking for a good bargain, so I decided to try one out. It said to take ordinary Elmer's glue and spread it across the bridge of your nose and let it dry and then peel off. It is supposed to reduce the size of your pores and clean all of the gunk out.
So I dug through Hallie's craft box and spread the glue all over my nose and the surrounding areas. It started to dry and it tightened a lot, it felt really weird! I pulled it off after a few minutes. I didn't see a lot of gunk on it, but it did make my pores feel nice and tight.
As I was doing this, it got me thinking of funny things we do for beauty, and I was reminded of a time when I was a teenager and I needed a ride home. I called my mom and she was trying to get out of coming to get me. She kept asking if anyone else could give me a ride. No one else could, so finally she came to pick me and my friend up. She arrived in her nightgown and a robe and . . . . . egg on her face, not the expression, literally egg on her face! I don't remember what the egg on your face was supposed to do, but for a while, every night, my mom would get an egg, scramble it all up and spread it on her face. That is so disgusting!!
This week I also received my first order from eyeslipsface.com, where everything is only a dollar. How can you beat that? This is how I would rate it:
Super Glossy Lip Shine A+
Eye Lash Curler A+
Eye Shadow Brush A
Plumping Lip Glaze B
Eye Liner B
Blush B
Total Face Brush C
Mascara F-
DO NOT ORDER THE MASCARA, it is worthless! I was really pleased with the lip stuff, but I was disappointed because they didn't have some of my items, so the just credit it back, instead of sending it to you when it comes in stock. So if you want that stuff you have to reorder and pay for shipping again. But I have already ordered more things, you just can't beat a dollar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've ordered make up from there. I had some problems with mr order, but I loved the lip stuff I got. Never tried the elmer's glue . . maybe worth a try though.
okay i tried to warn her and you just thought I was just a lazy mom not wanting to pick her kid up. I had forgotton all about that! Thanks for the laugh! Hey did you try to tip on heating your eyelash curler with the blow dryer for just a second. I tried it...it works great sets the curl!
I wish you would have talked to me before ordering, I ordered 5 mascaras! What a waste, they are utterly worthless. Not even good as a backup mascara. I do love the lips stuff and I give the tweezers an A++.
Post a Comment