Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hallie


I am so glad that Hallie is the oldest. She is such a great example to her sisters. She is honestly the most amazing kid I know. Here are some of the things that I love about her:

1. She has so much compassion and empathy. She is always thinking of others first. If she gets a special treat or something, she will say, "shouldn't we get one for Avery?" Half of the time if Hayden gets hurt she goes to Hallie. Hallie will pick her up, give her a hug and a kiss and say in her sweetest voice, "Oh bubbas, what happened, are you okay?"

2. She is such a good helper, most of the time I don't even have to ask her, she is really good at anticipating what I need. Most mornings she wakes up and gets the girls breakfast and makes sure that they stay out of trouble. That is a lifesaver for me. I remember one morning when Avery was a few months old and Hallie was 2, I heard Hallie crying for help. I found her in Avery's room in the crib and they were both covered in poop. She had tried to change Avery's diaper, what a help!

3. She tries really hard at everything she does. She always puts in 100%. She loves school and is so smart.

4. She is so responsible. I don't usually have to tell her to do her homework or get ready for school. She likes to pack her own lunch. In fact she likes to do most things herself. I really think I could leave her in charge of the house (I won't of course, not yet anyway!).

5. She has a real enthusiasm for life. She looks forward to things with real excitement and anticipation. She loves to laugh and have fun. It is so easy to get her excited for things and to make her feel special.

6. She has such a positive outlook on life. She is almost always happy and really sees the good things in life.

7. She is so creative and artistic. She is always making some new art project. She loves to write storys. She is always singing some song she has made up.

8. She is so sweet and thoughtful. Many nights when I go to bed, there is a love note or picture on my pillow that she has made for me. I always write her a little love note on her napkin in her lunch. Now that she packs her own lunch, she writes herself a little love note, it's pretty funny!

I am so lucky to have such an amazing and special girl! I love her so much. I need to be better at showing her how much I love her. I get too busy with all of the things of the day and don't take enough time to tell her just how special she is. I'll do better.

9 comments:

Kristine L. said...

What a sweetie! I need one of her out here to take care of a few things. She sounds like she is pretty helpful. You are LUCKY!

Englishfam said...

What a sweet tribute. How did you get the picture to do that? Also my Matie Kay template went bye bye today because she was stealing a copyrighted paper. Bummer. Any other good websites you know of? I love your background!

Nicole said...

The website to make the pictures do that is: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/hockney.php
I made my own template. I emailed the lady that made the paper that I used to ask her if it was okay to use for blogs and then I put a credit on my blog. I never got a response, so I guess it must be okay. Most of the sites that have digital scrapbooking paper, that is what my background is, say they are okay for personal use, but I wasn't sure if blogs were included in that. Is Matie Kay still up, because she did have a do it yourself template that you could copy and put whatever images you want as your background. I don't know if that makes sense?? To be honest, I spent far too much time figuring out how to do this. I don't know if I can really explain it. Anyways, hope that helps.

Natalie Que said...

CUTE POST! I *LOVE the love notes, that is so Hallie to write one for herself, she is such a doll. I love her so much! Way funny!

www.shabbytulips.blogspot.com has a premade template Heather! I can't believe they yanked your paper, crazy! I have been buying the paper I use, I spent $3 for both blogs, but atleast that way I know I own it!

Gaengy said...

What a cute post of Hallie, I loved the picture and all the kind words. She really is an amazing little girl. She reminds me so much of Katie as a little girl. Katie was always so generous and thinking of others like Hallie does. She will treasure your tribute!

Nicole said...

You are right Nat it is shabby tulips, not matie kay that had the do it yourself template. I even went to shabby tulips to make sure that was right, but then wrote matie kay. I guess I shouldn't write things at 11:30 at night!

Nicole said...

Heather, also, you can right click on anyone's blog and then go down to view source and view their html. Just be sure not to use copywritten images.

Anonymous said...

Man Nicole, that just really touched my heart. I think it's just so wonderful you feel about your kids that way. ANd how nice you're willing to share it with all of us!

Gaengy said...

Aunt Debbie loved what you did with Hallies picture. She is such a scrap booker so I loved showing her what you and Nat and Kritine are doing!