Friday, October 12, 2007

Hayden



I think this girl is going to give me every gray hair that I will eventually get. She has learned to use the DVD player, and that has really made life fun. Her attention span is only about 4 minutes so, she gets into about 30 DVD's a day, touching every single one of them with her grimy, sticky, dirty hands. And the one's that are not secured in their cases she shakes and gets them nice and scratched up. Oh, and she leaves them on the floor where she runs over them with her stroller and steps on them with her "pretty" shoes, what we call dress-up shoes.


Yesterday when it was time to pick Hallie up from school, she apparently was not ready to go.

Me: "Come on Hayden, time to go get Hallie."

Her: "In a minute, I waches the pig." (She was watching Charlotte's Web, her current favorite movie.)

Me: "Hayden, we really need to go."

Her: "In a minute, I watches the pig."

Me: "No, we really need to go now, you can watch it later."
Her: "In a minute, I watches the pig."


It went on like that for several minutes while I was rounding up Jaxton, putting him his car seat, finding her shoes/pants/shirt, as she no longer chooses to wear clothes. She also has discovered she can open the fridge/freezer. She came walking up to me today with a roll of frozen cookie dough, eating it like a Popsicle. Ahh, the joys of 2 year olds. She is so funny.

5 comments:

Gaengy said...

Yes, I am afraid you will be prematuraly gray with this one! She is such a pistol, and adorable and loveable in one! I don't know how you keep up the pace with her! Its a good thing you are young!

Natalie Que said...

That's funny, yeah, the little time I've spent around her I would have to agree. She is sweet and salty! She is so cute, love the cookie dough popsicle.

Laine is starting to get a a mouth too. She is always telling me, "I SAID I NEED to eat fruitsnacks!" or something like that in a total adult tone of voice. Funny.

Kristine L. said...

Haha, she is a funny little button. Cute new format by the way. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the story, I needed a good laugh! She is SO funny! And I was wondering, why does Betty Crocker have frozen cookie dough in the freezer??

Nicole said...

It was homemade cookie dough that I had frozen because I made too much. I roll it out and cover it with plastic wrap and then freeze and use when I need it. She had the whole roll and was eating it like a fudgesickle. That will just be her roll now!