Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hometown Buffet

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Ours was good but busy. It started Saturday morning with a special treat and an all around wonderful experience of going to Hometown Buffet for breakfast. I hate Hometown Buffet, but breakfast isn't too bad. The kids love it, you would think we told them we were going to Disneyland, they get so excited. I think it is the combination of being able to serve yourself up, and the dessert bar, which , if you were wondering, is open for breakfast.

The trip is always made really special by the assortment of very interesting people who are there. Saturday was extra special because of one very special lady. She and her entire party, probably about eight people, moved tables three times. They would all get seated and then one member of their party thought they were too close to a window, or walkway or vent, so they would all move. Well somewhere in the chaos, she lost her bib. Yes you read that right, her bib. Not to worry though , she soon found it. Of course it was a homemade bib, I'm not sure you can buy them anywhere. It was a nice Christmas print, about two and a half feet long and it tied with a nice big bow in the back.

Nick and I were trying so hard to keep our composure as the family searched for her bib. Both of us were like, "did she say bib?" as she kept saying rather loudly, "I've lost my bib, where did my bib go?" Sorry to make fun of people, I know it isn't very nice, but I thought it was so funny and I just keep thinking about it and laughing.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Obviously we shouldn't make fun of people, but if you don't catch the humor in life (and share it) . . . anyway, I depend on people. Natalie and I's moto for high school was when you make a fool of yourself you only give you something to laugh about and someone else something to talk about. Anyway, thanks for sharing. That was good.

Gaengy said...

That was a funny story...good ole hometown! Last time we went there I vowed to never go again. The food was so horrible. People are funny and entertaining. Glad you all had fun!

Englishfam said...

THis must have been for some reality show to get people's reactions because that cannot be true! Who comes in with a bib?!! Not even plastic but homemade! I was seriously laughing so hard when I read this, seriously I wish it was on camera.Gotta love buffets and amusement parks, they both are like a tractor beam for fat and crazy people!

Amber said...

OK I just have to make a comment about Hometown Buffet...

When we came to visit Chico for the first time as a family the only place we found to eat was Hometown Buffet. I was appalled but hungry. After an expensive & lame salad I realized Keith had never been to a place like this and like you said he felt like he was in Disneyland. He did not stop talking about it for weeks.

The weekend we moved here we went again. This time we fit in really well.
After many days of packing, cleaning & moving we arrived in Chico starving so around 5:00 we went to eat. Scott had been filthy and shoe-less for hours (the bottom of his feet were black). I had not showered and was still wearing my PJ's...you get the picture.

While we were there Scott pulled one of his famous tantrums so EVERYONE in the whole restaurant was watching us most of the time. If they hadn't noticed us earlier they for sure did when he and I made a not so quick exit. He was kicking & screaming in my arms and I was struggling to get him out of there, weaving in and out of the tables hoping he would not kick someone in the face!

What a fabulous day!
But like I said we fit right in.