Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Back!

I am so far behind on blogging I don't know where to begin! We had Christmas, our Anniversary, New Years and everyone has been sick. Needless to say, this is going to be a long post!

Starting with Christmas. We spent the Sunday night before Christmas with Nick's family, we exchanged gifts and had dinner and then our family stayed the night at Nick's mom. We don't have any pictures because our camera stopped working, so you will just have to take our word for it that it was a great time.

Christmas Eve morning we got up and headed to my parents house. It was a great time. It was the first time the whole family had been together in two years, and it may be the last time for a while. My sister Natalie and her family are moving to Sydney, Australia this week, so that makes family get together's a little bit difficult.


Christmas Eve started out with my dad giving us the family shirt. He always gets all of the girls matching shirts to wear. For the boys he buys the most ridiculous shirt he can find. This is a picture of Nick's. In case you can't tell, it is skulls wearing gangster hats and gold chains. It is a pretty nice shirt, but not quite as good as last years, which was just a big picture of Tupac, with a "diamond studded" (rhinestones) do rag on. My dad even bought himself matching jeans with a huge picture of Tupac screen printed on the leg.

We spent a good part of Christmas Eve at Rollertown. It was a good time, except the kids hated it, except Hallie. I was so proud of her, she kept trying to roller skate, unsuccessfully. She spent most of the time on the ground, but she kept trying for the whole three hours we were there. I also have no pictures of this event because our camera was choosing not to work again.

Here we all are lining up Christmas morning. Hopefully my sisters don't kill me for posting a picture of them without makeup, sorry guys, I am in there too.

Santa brought all of the girls this doll house to share. It has been a huge hit! Avery also got a Barbie car, 2 Ken dolls and a ton of new Barbie clothes. I must admit I am a bit jealous, it is an awesome set up. I always wanted all of that stuff. I have already spent a lot of time in there playing with them and dressing the Barbie's all up.

All Hallie wanted for Christmas was an IPod. I kept telling her there was no way she was getting one, since I don't even have one. After all of the presents were opened, I had one little package hidden in my pocket. I asked her if she got everything that she wanted and she said yes. I asked her if she was sad that she didn't get an IPod, and she said yes, but that it was okay. I pulled out the package and gave it to her, it's not an IPod, it's just an MP3 player, but I did load it up with Hannah Montana songs. She was so excited. She said, "all of my dreams came true!"

The girls had fun playing with their cousin Laine.

All of the grand kids with grandpa.

All of the men of the family, who are saints for putting up with all of us girls. Luckily my sister Kristine is getting married in March, yay, one more man to help them not be so outnumbered.

All of the women of the family.

5 beautiful girls!

Thanks to my mom and dad for making it such a nice Christmas. My parents stayed at a hotel so that we could have their room. Our kids go to bed so early that we would be spending a lot of time in a hotel room instead of with the family if we had stayed at a hotel. My mom made three fabulous dinners and let her house look like a bomb had blown off. It was such a good time and so great to all be together again.

9 comments:

Newman Family said...

Sounds like you and I passed each other! We also left on Christmas Eve morning! We probably drove right on passed each other. I keep thinking when you come down we can get together seeing how we are both so close! Are you guys off track? You should come for a visit!!
Meg

Anonymous said...

I loved this post for several reasons. We look pretty trashy in quite a few. I mean Laine has got the piano cover tied around her, Gabe has no shirt, just to name a few, us in our PJ's, I would say it's pretty sucessful. Thanks for finally putting up some BLOG's, I have been waiting. Love you, can't wait to see ALL 6 of you at the wedding!

Kristine L. said...

:) Yeah, I second what Katie said!!! (About the 6). I am sorry that you have been so sick and yes, we do look white trash in 95 percent of the pics. I will email those pictures as soon as I am done photoshopping them. I am going to get rid of all of the red eye and then make our faces look as smooth as glass :) No wrinkles and blemishes for us!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. You can definitely tell you're all related! Isn't it wonderful to have a family you love?

Lisa said...

I love the crazy shirt thing! Emily wanted an iPod as well....yeah not happening (plus she already has an mp3 player!!). How nice of your parent's to stay at a hotel and give you their room.

Mel said...

Nicole I kept checking your blog and noticing you hadn't updated and it made me feel better. I kept thinking to myself if Nicole hasn't updated than I am okay!! Glad you are back I love your Blog!! You Gildea Girls are Beautiful!! MY MY! And I can't believe how grownup Hannah is and she is so pretty!!

Englishfam said...

I was laughing my head off seeing the shirt Nick received from your dad! I really wish I could see the matching Tupac outfit as well!! Your dad is hilarious!! Also I noticed in the picture with all the girls, the Anna Lee dolls in the background. Classic. Your mom's hair is long! I haven't seen it that long before I don't think. You all look like you had a great Christmas!

Gaengy said...

Glad you are all on the mend, I kept checking in on the blog when I had a minute or 2, but those were few and far between.
The house is quiet and Heather the Anna Lee are put to rest for another season, till Valentines! We had a great time with all the kids here and it was worth the kaos and mess! Love you all MOM

Natalie Que said...

Hey, Happy Belated Anniversary, fun post! I totally remember those nasty nails, what we we thinking. Didn't they have silver sparkles in them too? I stole some Christmas pics for my blog, I have most of them on Ben's computer but I am using my new one here. Christmas was fun, wish we all could have stayed together a little longer!

Mom, your comment about the Anna Lee being put to rest until Valentines was hilarious