Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy {late} Birthday Hallie!


I totally meant to do this post yesterday, but as I said, I have been crazy busy. This is a tribute to Hallie on her 7th birthday (we'll just pretend that it is still her birthday). Here are the fun things about you at age 7.

We had spaghetti and meatballs for your birthday dinner. This is the same dinner that you have requested for the last 3 years. Because Avery wants to do everything that you do, we have also had spaghetti and meatballs for her birthday dinner for the last two years.

You love Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Jonas Brothers and the movie Hairspray. You are always singing and dancing.

You just lost your first top tooth, and it left a huge space. You look like a cute, little Jack-O-Lantern. Hopefully you get your dad's giant chompers and not your mom's tiny teeth.

You are so brave. You were so sad when you couldn't enter the school talent show. I would have rather sold all of my worldly possessions and live as a slave than speak in front of people. But not you, you have serious guts. You were chosen to introduce your class at the school assembly last year, and you were more excited than scared.

You love school and learning. You are very competitive and want to be the first to try everything. Although you are starting to complain a bit about homework.

You love your new haircut and are always trying to get people to notice it.

You have such a big heart and are always thinking of others. Today you told me about a charity that is trying to raise money and you wanted to donate all of your extra money to them.

You love laughing and everything fun! You are always cracking jokes and trying to make everyone laugh.

We love you Hallie and you are such a special girl. Happy Birthday!


8 comments:

Mel said...

I love her cute new hair cut!! Ryan is a Mar. 7 birthday as well and I am going to the Rascal Flatts concert. Oh well, he is only turning 2 so he won't know the difference.

Natalie Que said...

Ahhh! I'm the worst Aunt ever Hallie! Sorry I forgot to call!! Happy Happy birthday! That was a cute post, so true! Where does that girl come from. I love the spaghetti 3 years in a row + Avery, too funny. She is the whole package, cute, funny, huge heart, tons of personality, brave, what more could you ask for!

Happy {late} Birthday from us too!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Hallie. What a sweet girls she is and a great example to her younger siblings.

Anonymous said...

I didn't call her either but I have been sick so make sure to tell her. Plus, I forgot to give her her gift, I brought it all the way to California for nothing! I will just have hers and Avery's ready when you guys come out. I sure love Hallie, she is such a great girl. Love you!

Gaengy said...

So I hope somebody remembered to call. Grandma and 2 aunts forgot. I remembered all the way home on Sun to call and all day Mon and then forgot all about it on Tues. I remembered yesterday morning as I was walking. I felt terrible. She is such a great girl. She is the sweetest thing. I love that she has confidence in herself. She has so much personality. Grandma thinks she is pretty special. Love you Hallie!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky young lady to have her mom post such wonderful things about her for all to read. So glad you all had a great time celebrating Hallie's birthday. Can't wait to read about Avery next.

Newman Family said...

Haley,
Oh, you are such a sweet girl and I love your haircut. Wish I could pull that haircut off. My favorite movie is Hairspray and I think I drive my kids crazy making them listen to the soundtrack in my car. Ellee knows all the words to Good Morning Baltimore, The new Girl in town, and her all time favorite, I can hear the bells.

Meg

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday,
i hope you had a great time on your birthday.
love Mckenaa