Friday, February 8, 2008

Hayden

Those of you who know Hayden well, know that I could post something new about her everyday. She is the busiest girl. She is always into everything. Here is a bit of what she has been up to lately.

My sisters got her a new dress up dress for Christmas. She wore it for a few days, but then she was back to the White Trash Seerella dress. Then a few days later when the girls were playing dress up, Hallie and Avery pulled a dress out of her closet and convinced her that it was a Gabriella (of High School Musical fame) dress. This is her new uniform. This isn't a great picture, but it is all I have.

I don't know how I don't have any other picture of her in the dress, because she wears it non stop. She only takes it off for one of the following reasons:
1. it is time for bed
2. she wants to wear another dress up dress that she refers to as Ju-Ju for some unknown reason
3. we have to leave the house
4. she feels like running around the house in the buff

In other news, I finally weened Hayden off of her pacifier. What a nightmare. While I was visiting my mom, I had finally had it with getting up every hour of the night because she couldn't find her pie-pie. The first few nights were a little rough, but she has actually adjusted pretty well. She still asks for it when she is getting tired, but she actually goes to bed with very little trouble. Tonight she suprised us all. Nick and the kids were watching a movie, it was getting close to bedtime, and she came and asked me to put her to bed!

She is starting to be aware that the things that she does are naughty. This does not stop her from being naughty. Now when she is doing something naughty she says very matter-of-factly, "sorry mom, sorry." I think we are getting somewhere. Hopefully soon we will not have so many sorries, she will just stop being so naughty!

She is very into giving kisses lately. The other day she climbed onto my lap and gave me a big smooch and told me that we were married now. I told her she couldn't marry me, she had to marry a boy. She said okay, thought about it for a minute and then said she would marry daddy. I told her she couldn't marry him, because I am already married to him. She looked at me very seriously and said "Who I marry?" I said she had to marry a boy, but not until she got bigger. So now every time she gives me a kiss, she says, "I marry a boy when I get bigger."

Whenever she is upset, she likes me to sing her favorite song, "Teach Me To Walk In The Light." Now, whenever anyone else is upset, she sings it to them. It is not very effective, but this does not deter her. This morning Avery was mad that she didn't get the color of bowl that she wanted (this is something that happens every morning at our house, inevitably, someone does not get the color of bowl that they want). So Hayden breaks into song. Then Avery always gets mad that Hayden is singing. Oh, sisterly love.

Hayden is getting to be a bit easier to deal with. She is still a handful, but the good moments definitely outweigh the bad. Thank goodness she is so darn cute!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, she is one funny girl! I loved the story about Kristine's announcement too, did dad every tell you she thought I was Sharpay from High School musical because of the blonde hair and big sunglasses. I am so excited to see her next month (assume the sale!)

Gaengy said...

Cute picture and funny story. Nicole cut up Haydens pie pie while at my house. She talked to Hayden about it like Natalie did Laine and they both had the same reaction when their mothers did it...they whaled! Grandma was heart broken for them. I'm a softy I guess! Glad she is going to bed though so that must be worth it

Natalie Que said...

Loved the stories, that is cute about Hayden wanting to marry you...or daddy...or a boy when she gets bigger. Good times.

Lisa said...

She is so cute!!!

Mel said...

Her getups crack me up! Girls are so funny with their dressups. Congrats on taking the binky away. I hope she is sleeping better! How do you survive on no sleep.

Newman Family said...

She is so silly! I really enjoyed our time together when you stopped by. Can't believe we spent so much time and didn't even have one picture for the blog. What were we thinking?

Natalie Que said...

Did you take your sitemeter off, or did you figure out a way to hide it?

Melissa said...

My mom has a pic of your sister on her fridge. Small world huh? So are you going to be at the reception in Lindon? Let me know!!

Katrina said...

So cute, I can't wait until Maile's into all the girly dress-ups! Hey, can you tell me where you got that awesome white bookshelf in that picture of the girls? It's just like what I've been wanting for my kids' rooms but I don't want to have to pay Pottery Barn prices!

Bethany said...

Hey Nicole! It was so nice to meet you at Kristine's shower. Thanks for the tip about the site patrol or whatever it's called. It works way better than mine. Your family is adorable! I just love your little boy. Take care:) Bethany

Nicole said...

So sorry to disappoint Katrina, but I did get that shelf at Pottery Barn Kids. I think it was rather inexpensive as far as Pottery Barn goes. If I remember right I payed about $75, but that was seven years ago. Good luck finding something you like!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for a fun weekend with your family. I love all of them! I am ready for a new post now! I know you took lots of pics over the weekend. Also, could you send me the rest of the pictures from the temple. I only got the first set. Can't wait for the wedding!