As I mentioned, last weekend all of my sisters (minus Natalie, sorry Nat, we really missed you) and my parents came for a visit. It was rather tight sleeping quarters. My dad has an injured knee, so we gave our room to my parents. Nick took these "fun" pictures to document where the rest of us slept.
We had such a fabulous time. I haven't gotten to spend much time one on one with Katie for a long time. Christmas is always a little hectic, so it was fun to get together. We went to WalMart at 11:00 on Friday night, which was a real choice experience. We stayed up talking in the bathroom until 2:00 in the morning (the bathroom was the only room that no one was sleeping in). We did important things like measuring our teeth to see whose are smaller (Katie's by just a hair), and comparing eye size and other stupid girl things that girls do. It was so much fun!
Kristine had a bridal shower on Friday night, thrown by her sweet future mother-in-law, Amy and her friends. It was really nice to meet some of Jordan's family. And then on Saturday Kristine went through the temple for the first time in the Oakland Temple (it was just our bad luck that the Sacramento Temple was closed last week).
After the temple, we tried to go to a restaurant my dad likes in downtown Oakland, called Max's Cafe. We drove forever to get there and then it was closed. So we got on the freeway and headed back to Sacramento. We hit major traffic and couldn't find any restaurants close to the freeway. So finally we ended up eating at Jack In The Box. It was quite an adventure. The traffic was bad the whole way home and it ended up taking us 4 hours to get home.
We had such a good time together and I was so sad to see them all go, but we will see them all in a few weeks!

8 comments:
Hi Nicole,
It's me, Melissa. That was really fun getting to know you all Friday night. Jordan is a sweetie, and Kristine is too adorable. You'll have to check us out too...
~Melissa
It was a fun weekend and thanks for giving us the bed! I guess now we are even from Christmas! Nick and Nicole were wonderful hosts letting everyone sleep all over the house with all our stuff and then feeding us. Its so nice when the kids take care of us every now in then. You guys are wonderful!
Love you MOM
I had such a fun weekend...especially when we measured our teeth. Natalie took all the teeth. Thanks so much for having us and tell Hayden that I look forward to our next sleepover. Top bunk here I come!
Sad we missed it! I wish I were there to do some measuring, I would have also taken top place for biggest thumbs and shortest fingers and Katie, aka Karsino fingers, would have won for the longest {unless Hannah entered the competition} -they both are a full knuckle longer than mine!
Thanks for posting the pics and details!
Yes it was a good time, I even enjoyed Jack in the box. What is it with small teeth anxiety all of the sudden? Did what not to wear have a special show to make women feel bad about thier teeth or something? Is there a solid measurement you are seeking? What next, fingernail curve? Dad
Dad, you are hilarious! No we don't feel bad about our teeth we were just wondering who's were smaller.
Nicole, I also have small teeth and hate it. Mine although are much smaller than yours I am sure. Maybe we'll have to measure when you come out for the wedding!! :) You Gildea girls are my favorite. I had a blast chatting with Kristine at her shower the other day. I also grilled Jordan with questions which he answered right on. He seems like such a great guy! Can't wait to see the whole fam together!
I also got to enjoy Kristine's Shower. I didn't recognize half the people that came. But I tell you Mary Lou is HILARIOUS!! I loved her. Your family is the bomb, I love you all so much. Jordan really is so great. I am so happy for Kristine. Can't wait to see you at the wedding.
Post a Comment