Friday, March 28, 2008

If I Were A Better Mother This Post Would Be Titled Easter 2008. . .

I had such a busy Easter Sunday, that I did not take one picture of my kids in their Easter clothes, or with their Easter baskets, or hunting for eggs. My sister Kristine and her husband Jordan had a reception in Folsom Saturday night so my parents and sister Hannah were staying with us. We had a pretty full house.

Sunday morning we had a great breakfast and then I spent quite a bit of Sunday morning making dinner. (P.S. most of the dinner was fabulous, but I made a chocolate cake from scratch, it took many hours to make, and it was disastrous. It was so chocolaty that it kind of made my mom and I sick. It gave us a really bad headache.)

The rest of the morning was spent getting myself and the kids ready. Hallie and I had to be at church early (we have 1:00 church, so I guess you couldn't really qualify it as early, but come on, I have 3 girls to dress and do hair!) because we were both in the Easter program. Hallie was the only child to be given a speaking part. She did such a great job. She amazes me with her confidence and bravery. I would have rather died than speak in Sacrament Meeting as a 7 year old, or 18 year old for that fact. I was a part of the choir and we sang about 8 songs. It was a really great program.

Thankfully Nick got a few pictures of the kids dyeing Easter Eggs. Avery bought the kit with her own birthday money so she was very excited about dyeing the eggs and talked about it all last week.



In other news, Hayden is no longer taking a nap and so she keeps falling asleep everywhere. She falls asleep if we are in the car for any length of time or if we sit down long enough. Nick was watching TV with the kids and neither of them could make it through.

Hallie being the ham that she is, couldn't resist sneaking in the picture.
Also, I have been enjoying a vacation this week because Hayden went home with my mom and dad on Monday. Things have been very quiet around here. I have had quite a bit of freedom. I have left scissors out on the desk for the last three days, and there have been markers all over the house, and no one has colored on the walls. Avery, Jaxton and I have enjoyed taking a walk everyday, something that I just can't do with both Jaxton and Hayden. I read an entire book! (Twilight, I will talk more about that later)

It has been very relaxing. We have been chatting on the web cam. The first day she said, "I went to McDonalds, ha ha, no fair!" The second day she said she was going to stay in bed all night so that she can have a donut tomorrow. So I think she is having a rather good time as well soaking up all of grandma and grandpa's time and energy!

Lastly, today was the six week mark of Hallie and Avery getting their ears pierced. So today was the day that they could finally change their earrings. Only it was not so good for Hallie. She was jumping on the trampoline and said her ears were hurting. I took a look at them and they were really swollen, you could barely see her earring. So I cleaned them and turned the earring, and pus and blood started spilling out, yeah, very gross. So I pulled the earrings out and more pus and blood came spilling out. I took her to the doctor today and they said that she wasn't to the stage of needing anti-biotics, and just to keep her ears clean.

She later confessed that she has been playing with them a lot, and her hands are probably not all that clean. So now she has to let them close up. She was so sad. For now she is living vicariously through Avery who got to change her earrings out today (I can tell you she wasn't that excited to do it after watching Hallie's traumatic experience).

12 comments:

Anne said...

Nicole, you are such a good mom. Your Easter sounds eerily similar to mine... cooking all morning, baking disasters... however, I was too burned out to detail it on my blog, so we just have pics.

Your kids were darling and Hallie did such a good job with her part! And a kid-at-grandma's week is always a good thing to post about.

Kate said...

I have not talked to Mom and Dad since they have had Hayden, they are probably too busy running aroung with her. And thanks for the play by play on the pus and blood...gross! I am sad she has to let her ears grow back, what a bummer.

Gaengy said...

We are actually having a great time with Hayden! She is so good one on one. I have been keeping her busy so she has not been in to trouble except for stealing gum out of grandmas purse every chance she can get! We went to McDonalds for the 4th time today. She loves going to play with her "friends" we are eating some healthy things too! I have been taking some pics for your blog so you can post about Haydens vacation!! Sorry Hallie about your ears that is so sad after all that.

Natalie Que said...

Poor Hallie! Remember Katie's ears? We were dinking around in church and discovered she hadn't ever changed hers and her ear was starting to grow over it! Nasty!

So what recipe did you use for this cake I'm curious. It sounds really yummy, I love it that chocolatey. I am telling you, the flourless cake with the chocolate ganache is the best chocolate cake I've ever had. I tried another recipe recently from Tyler's Ultimate and I hated it. We didn't even finish it and I halved the recipe. Get back to me on this ASAP.

Allison and Noah Riley said...

What a good lookin fam. We have been going through little kid withdrawls since a couple of weeks ago when everyone was around, not intense enough to have our own kids yet, but we had a lot of fun with your family. Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Noda

gnomeswife77 said...

I didn't take any pictures either. What guilt we put on ourselves. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself though.

Melissa said...

You're a GREAT mother! Your Easter was just much more exciting than all of ours and that is why we have pics. So don't worry about it. And I am glad you are ejoying a little break! You deserve it!

Lisa said...

I love the new pictures and updates, that is too funny about Hallie sneaking in the sleeping picture! How sad for Avery about her ears. I hope they feel better soon.

Sheri said...

Fun pictures of the girls decorating eggs. Sorry to hear about Avery's ear. I too agree that Hallie did a great job during the Easter program. You must be very proud.

Hey by the way---it was me that kept honking at you last week while you were on a walk with Avery and Jaxton. I was picking up Olivia from preschool and I saw you.

Nicole said...

Gnomeswife77, who are you? Just curious!

Katrina said...

Glad you have been able to have a little break. Aren't those the best? Gives us a chance to appreciate our little ones even more. How did you like Twilight???

Gaengy said...

love the new look on the blog!