Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Boy Who Refuses To Grow Up

It seems as if Jaxton has a bit of the Peter Pan syndrome. People often ask me how old he is. I reply that he is 9 1/2 months old. They then say, "oh, he must be crawling and getting into everything." I then say, "nope, not even close." He recently has learned how to get up onto his knees, but he doesn't know what to do after that. Plus, I don't think he wants to learn how, he prefers to be carried everywhere.

He also refuses to stand and hold onto things, like the couch. Maybe I don't have very good perspective because all of my girls learned to crawl when they were about 7 months and Hallie was walking by this age. I am not stressed out or worried about this. I think he is just trying to make me feel better about the fact that my last baby is growing up. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. It seems like he was just a tiny baby. So thank you Jaxton, for softening the blow for me.

We tried to let him push this little bike around. He thought it was terrifying.

He wouldn't even put his feet all the way on the ground.
The bike moved a little bit, and then he really got scared.

Post traumatic experience, still a little bit shaken up.

I loved these pictures of Hayden and Jaxton. This one looks like he is giving her a kiss.

This is such a typical Hayden face. She has a hard time looking at the camera long enough for me to get a picture. The smile is there, but we have lost the eye contact.

12 comments:

Gaengy said...

What a cute post! Sounds like Jaxton and Gabe are going to have a good time when they get together. They are both afraid of things. So hilarious. It is nice though when the last one isnt so anxious to grow up because mom is not anxious for it for sure! Loved the pics!

Anonymous said...

i think you have failed as a mother. ha ha j/k! what a QT!

Kate said...

Ha ha! He is so cute, I want little Teen to stay little. So rock on little guy, keep doing what you are doing!

Lisa said...

I love the Peter Pan comparison- since that is how I think of Chris too, never wanting to grow up! (Especially since one of his favorite movies is "Hook.") Good for you for enjoying that Jaxton is taking his time. I hope Lily does the same!

Amy said...

I just love reading about your cute kids. Jaxton is adorable and it's okay to keep him little for as long as you can. My girls still make fun of me for doing everything for Jordan because he was and is my baby. It is hard to let go of the last one. Poor Kristine...!

Mel said...

I say enjoy it all you can. I was so proud when Austin walked and crawled so early. With every child after that I just didn't care. They eventually do it. When we are our age do we say "When did you walk" He is a cutie!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

My favorite picture is the one of his feet.... like you've just forced his little toes onto fiery hot sand, or something. So funny!

I like the kissy picture, too.

Ashleigh said...

my vote is less is better. olivia took forever to crawl/walk and i enjoyed every moment. it's great that you caught this moment though.

Natalie Que said...

I love the pics, that is seriously so cute. He is really starting to look like a little boy, despite not acting like one! He looks like Hallie I think. I was the same as everyone, so glad and excited for the firsts with Laine but wanted Gabe to be a baby forever. So cute!

AnneMarie said...

Before long you won't be able to get him to stop running around long enough to sit in your lap for awile and cuddle, so enjoy.

Sheri said...

Keep him young as long as possible!!! He is such a cute boy.

pop pop said...

I have my password back. Cute kid, it is hard to let him grow up. But there comes a time.