For nearly all of the seven years of Hallie's life I have been wondering where this girl came from. She loves to be the center of attention, she is fearless, she doesn't get embarrassed, she doesn't mind speaking in front of people, in fact she LIKES it.
When I was her age, I was doing okay in the academic part of school, but in the social behavior part, I was getting all U's. . .unsatisfactory. I was so introverted and timid and embarrassed about everything. I am so glad to see that Hallie does not have these same struggles. Nick must have something to do with this.
Last week Hallie had a dance performance at school. It was hilarious. She knew every move and did each one with great enthusiasm. This video is a little long, but you have to make it through to the end to see her final move, it is the best one. Also notice that they put her next to the two shortest kids in her class, and they barely come up to her elbow. She looks like a giant next to them.
I have watched this video many times and it gets even more funny with each viewing. Go Hallie! She truly embodies the famous Mark Twain quote "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."She is such an example to me. She lives every moment of life to the fullest, I hope she never loses that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I LOVED IT!! Go Hallie---thanks for sharing Nicole. I think that is great that she is so confident and excited. She is such a cutie.
Sheri
That was the cutest thing! Watch out for that one... she's going places.
I love Hallie... I can't say enough about her! When Hallie says something funny, it isn't in the inadvertent way that most children are funny. With her, it's intentional, clever and smart. The first time she came over to play, I didn't know anything about her really... so I spent the whole time laughing at her jokes that were going over the heads of every other six-year-old there. She's one cool kid.
Dear Hallie
Grandma is so proud of you! You enjoy life so much. You give your all. When I was your age is was timid and shy and missed out on so much of life because of it. Grandma is so happy that you are comfortable with yourself. You love yourself and that is a good thing because that gives you the ability to love and care for others. I am happy you have such a zest for life. I love you.
Grandma
most definately the star of the show, the other kids looked like they were just learning the dance. I'm with you, I was painfully shy growing up.
That girls stole the show! They should have put her front and center. She is adorable!
Ok! I am dying! That is hilarious! Tell her she did a great job....it kind of reminds me of the potential I had as a starfish...
Oh my! That arm nearly swung right off. Josh and I watched it over and over again! She is so funny. This makes me excited for Jack to be in a production of some sort.
Hilarious! I kept trying and trying but could only get it to play halfway through though, the internet is lame down here!
She is certainly one of a kind. Wish I could have been there in person. There is always that one kid that is the best to watch, of course it will be Hallie 10 times out of 10!
She definitely should have been in the front! She was the best one out there! Look out, here comes Hallie! She's so awesome!
I wish I had that kind of gusto when I was her age. I was like you were. So we'll take lessons from Hallie and pray that someday, we too can be like her! What a cutie she is!
Halle was by far the best dancer up there!! She is hilarious. I love when kids don't get embarrased and just do it. She is awesome!
i may have only had the opportunity to meet hallie once, but let me just say that this video made my day.
Post a Comment