I have been to the driving range one time before and I couldn't get the ball to go more than 10 feet. So I was really nervous and afraid that it was going to be the most embarrassing moment of my life. Nick and I got there early and practiced on the putting green. Then the other couple that we were playing with got there and they gave me some pointers. I actually did really well for a beginner. I even did better than Nick in some spots. Not very many, but a few.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Golf Tournament
So yesterday I competed in my first golf tournament. I know what you're thinking, "wow, Nicole, I didn't even know that you played golf, no less were good enough to play in a tournament. " Rest assured, I'm not. Before yesterday, the only time I had stepped foot on a golf course was when my dad used to sneak us on to the Country Club golf course to pick up stray golf balls. I had no idea what I was doing.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
How fun! I remember my dad made me go golfing one time, i even had my own set of clubs. he was probably hoping i would become a fanatic like jordan. i never went golfing again.
How fun, you will be able to spend some time together. I dont think anyone would have noticed the flood pants if you did not say anything. I know your sisters do not have a critical eye for stuff like that. But now they will probably notice it. You should have had one of Dads shirts on though.
I just don't think golf is for girls with a womanly figure. ;) I know I can't stand straight and hold my arms down straight at the same time. LOL! The closest I've come to golf is on the Wii, and even that is hard. It looks like you did great!
You rock, Nicole. You can do anything! But I'm with you... all that sitting around- is golf really a sport? I have to be moving at all times unless my mind is otherwise engaged. Yeah, ADD.
That looks like a good time. And just so Dad knows...I would have noticed the floods even if you hadn't mentioned them. Probably wouldn't have said anything but eagle eye noticed it!
Good for you! The only time I went golfing I just drove the golf cart, it has to be the most boring sport on the planet, and so time consuming!
Looks like you guys had fun. I think if Mark and I ever tried to golf together we would end up killing each other. What was the tourn. for??
Meg
It was a fund raiser for the Kennedy High School Golf Team. Nick's friend was supposed to be playing, but he wasn't feeling good about his game and he refused to play until he saw his golf pro.
I have been in a few golf tournaments in my day. I even took golf in college. What a joke! Never was good at it - not even minature golf. The important thing is that you looked good out there! Cute as always!!
I'm sure your new brother-in-law was impressed...
Sounds like fun! And kinda sounds like MY golfing experience. Well, sorta... except I didn't really golf, I just drove around the cart. Maybe next time though...
Way to go Nicole. I have never been, Trafalga is as far as I have gotten. You look like a professional and cute! Didn't even notice the pants.
Wow! I am totally impressed!
I love that you guys went golfing together that is great and reading about it was even better because it made me laugh out loud and now days that is hard to do. Thanks
I can't golf to save my life. I even struggle with mini golf. So I'm seriously impressed
Nicole simply put ---you are amazing!!!
Love the pics, you look great, and you aren't looking so bad yourself Nicole!
Congrats on your first tourney, that's awesome. I am not sure I really understand why golf is fun, but I do have to admit it does feel great to hit a great shot and really connect with the ball. All 2 times it's happened for me have been really awesome.
Post a Comment