Friday, May 23, 2008

One More Thing Crossed Off of My "Things To Do Before I Die" List

I have done something for the very first time. This is totally new territory for me. I never thought this would happen to me and really I am just so honored and flattered. Are you dying to know what it is I have done?

I have become a trendsetter. What is this fabulous trend I have set? Housecoats. Apparrantly my little post about mine and my mom's housecoats has started such a stir. You may have noticed my friends Anne and Melissa's comments on the post. Then Anne even blogged about her need for a housecoat here. And then she actually went out and bought one and posted about it here. Now you may be saying, "that is just one person, that is not a trend." However, let me assure you, others have expressed interest and I think it is just a matter of time before Wal Mart can not keep them stocked on the shelves.

Think that you are interested in jumping on the bandwagon? Let me just assure you it will be the best $10.76 you will spend on an article of clothing. The uses are endless and they are super comfy and cool for the summer months.

8 comments:

Gaengy said...

I am cracking up. This is hilarious! Who knew dad would be the start of this rage of housecoats! So glad we got our matchies. I am loving mine! Good luck to all of Nicoles friends who are becoming proud owners of housecoats. Walmart is going to be so surprised as they see all these beautiful young women walking out of their stores with housecoats designed for the 60 year old. Maybe that could be your new business Nicole...designing housecoats for the younger generation. If you decide to do it I want a cut of the profits!! And I bet if dad reads this post he will want his cut too!

gnomeswife77 said...

It's crazy because I actually did look at some at Mervyn's. You are a trend setter. I have always wanted something I could wear around the house, but have never found any I like. Maybe I will go to Walmart tomorrow.

Anne said...

Nicole, you are totally a trend-setter. And I like your mom's idea of creating a new, updated design for Gen X Moms. Maybe an A-line style? At least some sort of shape to them would be helpful. I'm sure you (we?) could come up with some better prints. They can't be too hard to sew, can they?

By the way, the selection at Kohl's stunk. Where do you get yours???

Sheri said...

My grandmother taught my mom to like them years ago and then my mother taught her daughters the glory of housecoats. I think I have had one since college and when my grandmother passed away hedr granddaughters were all putting dibs on all of her housecoats. I LOVE them---they are the best! Nicole thanks for teaching all women everywhere the value of a good housecoat! I agree with your mom and Anne---you should design some new ones for the modern woman--make it an enrichment activity!!

Natalie Que said...

You can't see me, but I'm standing up applauding. Congratulations. I couldn't be more happy for you, or more proud.

pop pop said...

House coats are great, it is about time they got their due recognition. Now how many of you will wear them to the grocery store with your hair in curlers as was common when I was a kid? Lets see a show of hands.

Anonymous said...

I may not wear a housecoat to the store with curlers (well, I'd need to have enough hair for curlers), but I'm thinking I need to jump on this bandwagon too. My robe is too hot and I'm thinking a housecoat would be perfect for the summer.

Lisa said...

I got one. LOVE it. You are a total trendsetter.