I have had a pretty busy day of baking and working in the garden. I was running around trying to get the kids into bed. Hallie was helping because I was trying to feed Jaxton a bottle. She brought me Jaxton's pajama's and diaper, tucked Avery in, put Hayden's diaper on her and helped her get her pj's on, and then got all of Hayden's blankets out of the dryer.
We got all of the kids into bed and I was putting the last loaves of bread into the oven. Hallie was coloring and she looked up at me and said "mom, can I help you with something?" I told her that I was going to go finish up outside and then I was going to start cleaning up the house (to borrow a phrase from my mother, the house pretty much looked like a bomb had gone off). She told me that she was going to help me. I told her not to worry about it.
I headed outside and was out there for about 20 minutes. When I came back inside, the house was mostly cleaned up. She had made my bed and cleaned my room. She had picked up all of the toys from around the house. She straightened up and tidied the family room. When I came back inside she was sitting on the couch folding laundry and she said, "mom, I didn't want you to have to clean this all up since you have been working all day."
What kind of 7 year old does this??? She is just the most wonderful, thoughtful, sweet girl. I often forget that she is only 7 because she is such a BIG help to me. I am just the luckiest mom to have her for a daughter. She is the best! I love you Hallie.

17 comments:
Wow. I'll take one of these! I seem to be on the complete other end of the spectrum today (check out my recent post). What a sweet daughter!
I need a Hallie! Wow I am so jealous I am lucky if my kids put their own PJs on before bed never help each other or going above and beyond. Only a great mom could have such a great daughter. Nicole you are a great mom!
Wow, she is amazing! I am reading "Childwise" author of "Babywise" to teach myself to have kids like that. Way to go Nicole! This is more of like a shout out to you girl! You're an AWESOME mom!!
I agree, Nicole is a wonderful mother, and Hallie is lucky to have her. Hallie is also one of the sweetest girls I have ever seen. I know I am the grandma, but its true! Hallie what a great thing to help your mom out like that!
Nicole, you are awesome, and you deserve sweet little Hallie. What a great example as the first child in your family. This is only the beginning!
I love my daughters, and Courtney sometimes is more like a "friend" to me or "Assistant Mom" than a daughter. I don't know what I would do without her.
Can I borrow Hallie?:) How wonderful to have such a considerate, helpful daughter!
what i wouldn't do to have one of those around my house these days!
My oldest daughter, Erin was like that. She was 7 when Jordan was born and she was his 2nd Mom. She was always cleaning, cooking & playing with the younger kids and wanting to help me out. Of course, when she got older her younger sisters always thought she was too bossy, which she was! It is always great to have an older child help out like that.
What a sweetie! Does she want to come visit her auntie for a few days? wink wink...
What a cutie!! That is so sweet, today Blake came out to the car that I was unloading food from and asked if he could help I said sure, he then saw the basketball and hoop and said nevermind. For a second I was so grateful!!
What a great kid! She will make such a great baby sitter for you in a few more years! Em is a lot like that at time and I really need to appreciate her more when she is doing it!
How cute is that. She is such a sweet girl. I couldn't believe she was doing that here when you guys came to visit. WHere can you sign me up for one of those?
Meg
She just melts my heart that girl. She really is so sweet and this post doesn't surprise me one bit. She is so cute with my kids, she is a true nurturer and has so many good, responsible qualities in addition to being so FUN and FUNNY!
Thanks for your encouraging words on Hot Garlic. I couldn't decided if I should post that or not, maybe I shouldn't have. I wasn't really looking for sympathy, though I usually am, I was just majorly annoyed by the whole thing. Anyway, thanks.
That just made my heart melt. Honestly, I wish she was here right now so I could just give her a huge hug.
I have ALWAYS liked Hallie and now I like her even more! She is one great girl and you have done a great job raising her. Kudos to Hallie and Kudos to you!
Alright, now do you hire this girl out or not? I could use a little maid around to tidy up the place. That is really so sweet, she is SO sweet!
So will you rent Hallie out??? How blessed are you!!
THanks for the comment on my endless sweeping!
It's nice to know us moms are in this thing together!
luff ya
jaycee
Post a Comment