
First, there were the obligatory 89 trips to McDonalds. Actually I think we only went four times.I think this is some kind of record for us. Usually my mom and dad try to make sure that we eat there at least once every day, but we just weren't able to squeeze a trip in everyday. Jaxton's favorite parts were the french fries and the straws.
We went to the "nicest " park that the fine City of Visalia has to offer. We are so spoiled in Elk Grove to have so many nice, new parks.
Jaxton enjoyed the see-saw for a moment, but then he was scared of it.
This may be the worst picture of me ever. I post it here so that I will remember that I need to stand up straight.



Hallie and Avery thought it was SO fun to climb this tree and then start crying that they couldn't get down. For some reason, I did not share their enjoyment for this little game.
My parent's are the ward activity chair people. The week before we were there, they had an activity with a slushy machine and a popcorn machine. They kept the machines a little longer so we could have a movie night. My dad barbecued hot dogs and they invited their neighbors and we watched Old Yeller in their backyard. The kids had a lot of fun.

Hayden and my sister Hannah
My mom and I looking cute in our matching house coats.You need a little back story on this picture. My parents always gave us pajamas for Christmas. Somewhere along the way my dad took over this tradition. He made it his personal mission to find the most ridiculous pajamas that Burlington Coat Factory had to offer. Sometimes we got pajamas that were covered in cow print, sometimes chickens, sometimes ones that said "Do I Look Like Your Maid?"
One year that my dad is probably most proud of, he gave my two youngest sisters really nice nightgown sets with matching robes. So we were thinking, "wow, I guess dad decided to not do joke pj's this year." WRONG. Suddenly his shoulders were shaking and his face was red (this is the look he has when he is getting a huge kick out of himself) and out he pulls two house coats for my sisters Natalie and Katie. Katie said "where are my real pajamas?" Natalie was laughing so hard that she had to sit down. Neither of them ever wore them after Christmas. My mom ended up inheriting them both.
Cut to a few years later. My sister-in-law Emily and I were at the local WalMart and we came across some really nice house coats and so we picked up a matching set, more or less as a joke. However, I have found mine to be extremely useful and wear it almost every day in the summer. I took it along to my parents and I was wearing mine and my mom mentioned that she really needed to get a new one. I remembered that I had come across some cute ones at WalMart. So we headed to The Mart and we found some really cute ones. My mom bought me a matching one for Mother's Day. Thanks Mom!
All in all it was a great trip. Hopefully we will find some way to fill these next couple of weeks. It being freakishly hot hear has not helped the kids to occupy their time. Hopefully we all survive somehow.




11 comments:
Sorry Nicole, but you and Julie are too young for house coats! It looks like a fun trip to your parents, it is awesome that your kids get to spend so much time with them. I love the movie night complete with the slushies, and that your mom made sure people knew that others came, that's the best!
How did you guys show the movie in your backyard? I've been wanting to have a movie night outside for a long time, but I have never come up with a good way to show the movie. (Short of stealing a projector from my husband's office which he seems reticent to do. Jeesh, you marry a man with ethics and you never stop paying for it.)
I love the housecoats. I secretly want one. I may have to stop by Wal-mart tomorrow to check out the goods. My question is, though, what is their purpose? Do you put it on when you get up in the morning BEFORE showering, so don't walk around in your pj's (or unerwear)? Or is it for after the shower, while you are cleaning the house, bathing kids, etc., before you put on your "nice" clothes for the day. OR, is it for when you get ready for bed and are done with your regular daytime clothes, but not quite ready for sleeping?
I don't think I ever learned this important information, and although I do remember my mom wearing one regularly, I don't recall ever receiving proper instruction on it. Please advise.
Melissa, the plan was to use a projector that my parents had procured from somewhere, but because my kids go to bed so early, it was too light outside for the projector. So my dad brought my parent's largest TV and their stereo system outside and we watched it on that. Let me know if you are able to get that movie night off the ground. It was really fun.
Anne, I use my housecoat for many purposes. I use it like I would use a robe. I wear it in the morning before I am dressed or when I get out of the shower. I don't like to do my hair and makeup in my clothes, mostly because I am pretty sloppy with my makeup, so I wear the housecoat until it is time to get dressed. It is better than pjs because it unsnaps, so you don't have to mess up your hair. Really, their are limitless possibilities for the housecoat. Give it a try, I think you will like it. Even though I think they are probably made and marketed for the over 60 age group, I have really found mine to be quite useful.
Nicole, I think you're going to be responsible for a rush on housecoats in the Elk Grove area. You've totally got me sold.
What a fun trip! I love the McDonalds's picture of Jaxton!
My mom never wore a housecoat so I am not familiar with them either. I am not a fan of robes either because they make me so hot. I might have to look into the housecoat thing too!
I'm going to go to Wal-Mart tonight to get me a housecoat! I may even get two, if they are a good deal (you know, for when one is in the wash).
Maybe I'll see one of you there.
Oh! I had a thought: Could I wear a housecoat to Wal-Mart?
Maybe I should have gone into a housecoat selling business before I posted this. It seems I have generated a lot of business for WalMart. I hope they appreciate it.
I think we should all buy a new housecoat and wear it to Melissa's house to watch a movie in her backyard!
Nicole----fun post! The more I read about your family and the fun things you do with them---the more I like them!!
Nicole too funny! I love that Nat and Kate didn't take the housecoats home! I also love that you try to go to McDonalds everyday. How in the world do you do that?????????????????????????? I hate McDonald's I was thinking once a trip would be good. I love the popcorn and slushy party ~ Your kids are going to tell stories of their grandma when they are your age and how awesome she was!
Killer house coats. I wish I still had mine.
Loved the pics of the kids, and of course the stories of their antics are the greatest.
Dad kills me with his idea, I think he had mentioned something about his little party, but I didn't get the full picture of it until now. That is hilarious.
Post a Comment