Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Funny Girls


It is my birthday on Sunday (hint, hint). Today in the car, the girls were talking about my birthday and asking me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. I told them carrot cake, to which they all went, "ugh" (poor me, I am the only member of my family who loves carrot cake). Then they asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, and I told them that my birthday is on a Sunday, so we won't be doing much besides going to church (on the bright side, I get to teach Relief Society, yay!).

Then I asked them what they were getting me for my birthday. Hallie replied, "I can't tell you, it is a secret, plus we haven't gotten you anything." Avery said, "I can't tell you, but it is from my body." I surely hope she is talking about a hug!

14 comments:

Katrina said...

I can't wait to see what Avery gives you, lol! I'll always remember your birthday because mine is the next day! Hope you get spoiled by your cute family on your special day. :)

Englishfam said...

Sunday birthdays are the pits! If I have one like I did this last year, I just celebrate on Saturday and Monday to make up for it. I REALLY hope Avery's gift is a hug too. That is hilarious.

Gaengy said...

Sounds like you are in for a treat! At least they remember it is your birthday! Good luck preparing your lesson. To me that is the worst part of it all having it on Sun. having to teach on top of it! You will do a great job though I am sure. Hopefully Nick reads this post so he can get the girls organized for your special day!

AnneMarie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope Avery pulls through with a hug as well! What cute girls! Sundays are one of my favorite days to have b-days, it's like Mother's Day twice in a year. Have a wonderful day!

Anne said...

Nicole you have to milk the Sunday birthday and have a "birthday weekend." And we could have switched you teaching... sorry we didn't realize it was your b-day! June is a popular month for birthdays. My mom's is the same day as yours and my sister's is the next day.

Can we go out for dessert one night next week to celebrate??

Nicole said...

Anne, it really isn't a problem teaching. Once you are an adult birthdays just aren't the same anyways. Although I am pretty ticked about leap year, because my birthday was supposed to finally be on a Saturday. Now I have to wait six more years (or is it 5?) for it to finally land on a Saturday.

And you know I am ALWAYS up for dessert, so lets totally do that!

Natalie Que said...

Oh my gosh, their answers are both so different but equally hilarious. I wish I could be there for what is sure to be a great birthday with lot's of interesting gifts {or nothing}.

I LOVE carrot cake too! Besides the sugar cookie cake and the chocolate flourless cake with ganache I don't really like cake.

Mel said...

It's okay Nicole my birthday is a week from you birthday on Father's Day and Sunday!! How do you like that????????? Pretty much bites. I am totally a birthday diva and it is the one day out of the year that is my day alone. Hopefully it won't be too much of a bomb. :) Good luck to you on Sunday. Make them find a sub for you!! That is ridiculous!! Even though you are an adult it's still your birthday!!!!

Anne said...

Does Cafe Unseelie Tuesday night sound good? Tell whoever you want to come, it will be fun!

I also need a pedicure if you (or anyone) is up for that before dessert...?

Should we wear our housecoats? (kidding... kinda)

Gaengy said...

Cute picture of Avery. Hope you have a great birthday. Love Dad

Lisa said...

Did someone say dessert??? Count me in!

Kate said...

I can't wait to hear what they rigged up for the ol' birthday!

Melissa said...

Love it! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So we're all dying to know how your birthday was and what they gave you.

Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!