Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

(This is a picture of my dad sporting his new do. It is significant in the fact that he shaved his head in support of one of his fellow firefighters who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor.)


Happy Father's Day, dad! You are a great guy and a great example to me. You have so many wonderful qualities: your thirst for knowledge, your sense of humor, your integrity, your sense of duty and hard work, your incredible patience (have I ever mentioned that I have 4 sisters and NO brothers, talk about out numbered), and, you could pretty much have a conversation about any topic from the latest motorcycle news, to the latest on Jessica Simpson, to the latest in politics and EVERYTHING in between, and hold your own. You are a great dad and someone who people admire and respect, including me. I love you, Happy Father's Day!


(Grandpa with all of the grandkids.)


(I guess every post that I do about Nick is going to have to include this picture, as it seems this is the ONLY picture of Nick by himself. And who took this picture? He did. Um, note to self: take more pictures of Nick.)

I must also honor Nick on this day. He is such a great dad. He is such a fun dad! He sticks up for the kids when I am getting too serious or being too cheap (which, I am embarrassed to say, happens way too often). He gets down on the floor and wrestles with the kids and takes them for bike rides. He often goes out of his way to swing by the house to spend time with us in the middle of the day, or to take one of the kids to run errands with him. He eats breakfast with them every morning and gets Hallie ready for school and takes her to school so that I can sleep a little longer. What can I say? He is one heck of a guy! Have a great Father's Day!



7 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Happy Father's Day Dad and Nick {and Ben, he isn't getting a post since it is not Father's Day here}.

Great post, so true. Both Dad and Nick are great father's who I look up to so much. Hope everyone has a nice day over there!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I love that picture of Nick and Hayden sleeping on the couch. So cute!

My dad has a shaved head too now... but it's mostly because it was a losing battle.

Lisa said...

Awesome tributes! That is great that your dad shaved his head for his friend. When I was going through chemo my dad shaved his head for me, and now he has never gone back!

Amy said...

You have such a great Dad & husband. I so admire your family for the love and devotion you have for one another. I am so grateful Jordan can be a part of such a great family!!! What a great example you all are....

Gaengy said...

Thanks for the sweet post on dad and Nick. They are both wonderful men to be admired. Loved the pic with Hayden and Jaxton! Happy Fathers day Nick. I love YOU!!
MOM

Kate said...

Cute post, I am excited that we both decided to talk about Dad's love of celbrity life and we both used Jessica Simpson as an example. She should be so proud!

Gibson Family said...

I would have to agree with you Nicole, Nick is a great guy and a wonderful father and friend. Happy Fathers Day Nick