Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Birthday

I am sure you are all dying to know what I got for my birthday on Sunday. I was not able to post yesterday because I was without a computer all day. Yesterday morning Hayden poured water all over our cook top, which caused it to short out. So the pilot light was just clicking and clicking trying to light. I pulled all of the burners off and tried to get them to stop clicking, but they just shocked me and continued to try and light. I ended up just having to turn off the breaker and it just so happened to be the same breaker that the computer was hooked to. Oh, that girl just never ceases to amaze me with the things that she does. There is never a dull moment with her!

So Sunday morning my grandparents stopped by. Then we went to church. Hayden gave me the best possible birthday gift. She fell asleep on the way to church and slept all through Sacrament Meeting. My lesson in Relief Society went very well. Nick made a delicious dinner and then burned his had so badly that he was pretty out of it for the rest of the evening. My carrot cake I made was SO good. Then the girls gave me their presents.

It turns out the present was not a hug as I had guessed. Hallie had kind of spilled the beans on Saturday night when she asked me if it was okay to do hip-hop dancing on Sunday. I said no. She looked super disappointed and told me that they were each planing a dance for me for my present. So, we bent the rules, and here are their fabulous dances.



That was Hayden's interpretation of the oh so wonderful Hannah Montanna song, "Everyone Makes Mistakes."

Avery was supposed to do a hula dance, but she chickened out and I am not quite sure what kind of dance this is.



Now for the grand finale. Hallie pulled out all the stops. I don't know where she picks this stuff up. She has some pretty awesome moves!



All in all it was a pretty great birthday, and I think I got the funniest most creative gifts a mom could ask for.

15 comments:

Shauna said...

um this is the best thing i have seen in a long time!

Englishfam said...

Pump this party up!! haha Hallie is hilarious. I especially liked Hayden's Hannah Montana tribute. I watched it twice because it made me laugh so hard! Your girls are darling. I am glad you had a good birthday, you deserve it!

Kristine L. said...

First of all, awesome shirt Hallie. Second, that was hilarious. Third, I did not see Jaxton contribute anything. He thinks because he is a baby he can't do anything? Come on!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I am now having a better day JUST for having watched those videos. I thank you, adorable little Morton girls.

Also, I know it's taboo on Sundays, but I can't promise I won't be having Hayden perform a little Hannah in nursery on Sunday.

Come on, a little ray of rockin' sunshine. It's all I ask for in that windowless room. Everybody makes mistakes?

Lisa said...

I LOVE the video gifts! So cute. I am glad you had a good bday. Sorry to hear about Nick's hand....that is no good!

AnneMarie said...

Work it Hallie! Hayden is darling, was she saying "everyone has mistakes"? Priceless! And I love that Avery feels no need to limit herself! The cutest girls ever! I'm glad you had a nice b-day & I hope Nick's hand is better:(

Gaengy said...

Cute videos...sorry about the cooktop. Glad you only got shocked though! Is it working now? Hope you did not have to go buy a new one...its been a rough week for the appliances!

Natalie Que said...

What a creative gift, I can see they worked really hard on it and Hallie certainly did fulfill her promise of pumping the party up. Laine is at school but she is going to love these videos when she gets home!

Happy Birthday, I'm glad it was such a great day! I'm sorry I'm so lame and haven't even called yet, it's been two crazy days and I still can't get used to this time switch. It seems I never have a moment to call before you guys are in bed. Miss you and thinking of you!

Katrina said...

Your girls are so cute. What fun birthday gifts!

Kate said...

Seriously, I think we could seriously hire this girl out for parties. Who wouldn't pay. Heck, what's she doing next Feb? the 22nd to be exact....Love it love it!

Anne said...

That is way too cute. The power of home videos is underrated.

Gibson Family said...

Happy Be-Lated Birthday. I love the creativeness of your daughters. Where did Hallie get some of those dance moves, have you been dancing around the house again?

Gaengy said...

Where is Nick's dance? Dad

Jenny G said...

Happy Birthday! Those are some serious great gifts!

Mel said...

I just got back from camp and Heather told me I had to read your blog! That was Awesome. I want a birthday present like that!! What talented girls!