What makes kids think that stuffing everything into the closet is a good cleaning strategy? And what makes them think that mom will not actually check the closet or under the bed?
I wonder this everyday! My next question is; "Why after 13, 10, & 7 years of my checking the closet (& under the bed) why do they still feel this is a vialble solution?
I think it's a testament to intelligence, tenacity and maybe even hope. See, Hallie is seven... so if today is the day that you finally acquiese (Fine, just shove it all in the closet!)then she still has plenty of time to enjoy this much more appealing cleaning method until she turns 18. The potential reward is just that much greater for Avery and Hayden.
In short, I guess I think they know you'll check... but it's worth it to try to see if today is the day you break. (I'm basing this theory on the suspicion that my own children are constantly trying to break me. Paranoid much? Yes, yes I am actually.)
They really learn early to do this...Isaac already does it. Abby is a master at it (bed/closet, anywhere she can find)and Em would never dream of doing it-she is a clean freak.
Its been popular for generations! You guys did it..well maybe not you so much...I did it, I am not sure about my mom, Nana did not do it she lived in a tent and only had one dress so I guess thats the solution to the problem!
My kids don't have toys in their rooms. It's pretty much a bed and a dresser. Our front rooms have always been our play rooms where the toys are located. I have a pretty good sized toy box that everything fits in, so when it's clean up time, it all goes in. But sometimes our front room is quite the disaster if it has not been clean up time yet. :(
We live in Northern California. We have been married 11 years. We have four great kids. Nick is a general contractor who is lucky enough to work for himself. Nicole is happy to be a stay at home mom and also gets to have fun creating fun, frilly things for her etsy shop.
11 comments:
That is hilarious! Atleast they are making an attempt!!!
I wonder this everyday! My next question is; "Why after 13, 10, & 7 years of my checking the closet (& under the bed) why do they still feel this is a vialble solution?
I think it's a testament to intelligence, tenacity and maybe even hope. See, Hallie is seven... so if today is the day that you finally acquiese (Fine, just shove it all in the closet!)then she still has plenty of time to enjoy this much more appealing cleaning method until she turns 18. The potential reward is just that much greater for Avery and Hayden.
In short, I guess I think they know you'll check... but it's worth it to try to see if today is the day you break. (I'm basing this theory on the suspicion that my own children are constantly trying to break me. Paranoid much? Yes, yes I am actually.)
They really learn early to do this...Isaac already does it. Abby is a master at it (bed/closet, anywhere she can find)and Em would never dream of doing it-she is a clean freak.
Me and Nat tried that for years...until the leveling came out...
I love it. I use to do this all the time growing up. My parents use to get so mad! Thanks for taking me back.
Its been popular for generations! You guys did it..well maybe not you so much...I did it, I am not sure about my mom, Nana did not do it she lived in a tent and only had one dress so I guess thats the solution to the problem!
I don't know but I have to laugh because I'm having flash backs of your mom checking you and your sisters cleaning... Your mom a stickler!
My kids don't have toys in their rooms. It's pretty much a bed and a dresser. Our front rooms have always been our play rooms where the toys are located. I have a pretty good sized toy box that everything fits in, so when it's clean up time, it all goes in. But sometimes our front room is quite the disaster if it has not been clean up time yet. :(
Hey, that's the way my kids do it because that's the way i do it. I don't care where it goes, I just don't want to see it!!
Hilarious. Those girls are funny. I love what little kids do and I'd love to climb in their little noggins and see what is going on in there!
Post a Comment