Monday, December 7, 2009

Sewing

Lately if I have a spare moment there are two places you can find me. One is at the thrift store and the other is behind my sewing machine. I have always enjoyed sewing, but the cost has really held me back. But then I came across all of these fun websites that show you how to re-purpose old clothes into fabulous finds. I was inspired!



First I stared with adding a little trim to some plain Jane shirts Hayden had. By the time the third kid in a row is wearing the clothes, they have really lost their magic.


Then I moved onto pillowcase dresses.
And shirts I made from pillowcases.

(Hayden is really excited about it)
And then I did a bit of reverse appliquéing. So fun, but I have run out of plain shirts to fix up.

She was feeling like quite a ham today. We got 40 good shots in. She was making a different face in each.



And then one of mother boy for good measure. He is such a little copy cat. He has to do everything his sisters do.

Anybody want to hit up Thrift Town with me?
**Here are some of my favotite sites:

8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

So amazing! Share the website. Plus I really hope "mother boy" is in reference to Arrested Development . . . that's what we call Jeffrey.

Kristine L. said...

The poses... OH THE POSES... Seriously, do your kids read Cosmo? Those are quite the sassy moves. Very cute stuff. Hayden's dress is super cute.

Nicole said...

Ashleigh,

100% Arrested Development. I added a few of my favorite sites for ya!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Is there anything you can't do?? I was loving Hayden's dress on Sunday (plus her oh so cute hair)... I had no idea that you made it. That rocks!

Gaengy said...

Wow Nicole, such great projects from old clothes! You are amazing!

Kate said...

Loved getting caught up on the blog. Loving the poses, loved the singing, and please tell Hayden that I too have nightmares about not being popular...nothing to worry about here.

Natalie Que said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Que said...

I recognize those jammies... Really, really cute ideas. We've talked about getting me a sewing machine every mother's day. Too many different plugs has kept us from doing it... but maybe this year...