I remember thinking what in the world is that supposed to mean? Are you telling me that I am an ugly duckling, but not to worry, some day you will be a swan? Is this supposed to be a compliment?
What a weird thing for a teacher to say to a student. I guess he was just trying to give me a bit of hope. Well I think he was right though, I was a bit of a late bloomer.
7th Grade, lovin the bangs, I bought that sweater with my own money at Shopko, I think it was a rather good investment, don't you? I also love the hair bow, you can't really see it, but it is navy blue and doesn't match at all!
10th Grade, this was right after I got a "Make Over" at relief society with Mary and Ann Johnson. They chopped off like 8 inches of my hair, and I couldn't figure out what to do with short hair. I remember sitting on the school bus the day we got our pictures back. I hated this picture and was complaining about it, my friend, Kelly Dockendorf was sitting by me and she said, "well, look how pretty your eyes are."
Our Engagement Picture, I was only 19! As you can see, this is why Nick wears a goatee. He looks like he is about 16, he has such a baby face. In fact I think I look older than him.
1 year later. No, there is nothing wrong with your monitor, I gained 50 pounds in one year!
Almost 21, I lost most of the weight, just in time to find out I was pregnant with Hallie!
24, I am not sure why I thought I needed to rat my hair up like that. Every picture of me around this time I have a weird lump on the side of my head, somehow I just couldn't see that in the mirror.
25, I love this picture. There was not one we took where both Hallie and Nick were looking at the camera. Like father like daughter. I like my hair too!
27, I also love this picture. This was last year. My mother-in-law does family pictures every year. Last year the photographer didn't show up, but luckily we had brought our camera and someone snapped this picture of us.
28, this one is from the family pictures this year. I really think it turned out great. I love how Avery is looking up at Hayden and you can see Jaxton's beautiful blue eyes.
Moral of the story, want to feel good about the way you look, get out your 7th grade school picture! Although, mine is probably the worst one out there, so it may not do you as much good as it does me! Maybe I am just like Mohanna (I have no idea how to spell it, you know, from Johnny Lingo), I just needed the love of a good man to help me blossom.

12 comments:
Mr Bandley was right! Although I didn't think you were ever bad looking (think of the fashion and trends... you fit right in with Fritzies apparel, right?). However, you have blossomed quite nicely. When are you going to put up more family pics? And why do you have you head tilted like that in yours and Nick's picture?
I know! it was super windy and the lady didn't have the right kind of flash and I can't get the other pictures of us lightened up. She is supposed to edit them and get a new CD to Ann and then she will give us a new one, but seeing how Ann doesn't have a computer I am not sure how long that is going to take!
Nicole, you seriously just made my whole week with this post!! I was literally laughing out loud when just thinking about good old Mr. Bandley. Awww the memories...What a weird thing to say to you! I definitely think that my school pictures could rival yours for sure. I have figured out the formula of why we looked so bad back then-No MAKEUP! If I don't wear makeup, I look like a completely different person. My eyelashes are white and have a fair complexion. We need a little mascara and some color on our cheeks and voila!, a hot babe. haha also I love the swoop bangs on you. I think it makes a big difference on me too because I have a huge forehead, so it cuts it in half. My mom always says that women hit their peak of beautiful when they are young mothers between their late 20s and early 30s. And whatever my mom says is always true. :) Thanks for your sweet post about my uncle. I appreciate it!
p.s. I love your class picture. I wish I could see it close up. I could make out a few of the students-amy olsen, jenna lisonbee,jana huntington! Blast from the past! What was Mr. Bandley doing in your class picture anyway? Isn't it supposed to be Mr. Farrer? What was your teachers name again? My mind is totally blank. I had Mrs. Clawson for 6th grade. Fun times.
Nicole- Great Post. If you saw my pictures like that you would LOL. You were so brave to share!! You are beautiful!! I love how we improve over the years. I know I definately have.. I think :) I didn't go to Northridge but still know of Mr. Bandley. Your family is darling
This is the best post! Like Heather, this made my week too. I loved the post about Hallie too. I love the sentiments you've been including, and the laughter of this one (and your honesty). Thanks!
Heather, yes to make-up I didn't even think to color in my eyebrows until I was like 23, it never occured to me, makes a world of difference. Yeah I don't know why Mr. Farrer isn't in there, but Mr. Bandley was in there because he taught us english that year for some reason. I think my teacher was Mrs. Foster.
Melanie, yeah right I would laugh at your pictures, I don't need to see your pictures, I remember how you looked and I guess Mr. Bandley was wrong on one account, you got to be beautiful when you were younger and now, lucky dog.
Mrs. Foster! Thats right. Thank you, it was going to drive me crazy!
What a hilarious post! You were always so cute...I remember you telling me about the good ole Mr. Bandley. What a a funny post. Thanks for entertaining me today!
Way funny! I ran into Mr. Bandley a few years ago at a baby blessing. He was our friends' Uncle, it was crazy! I couldn't believe how he remembered me and everyone who was in my same grade, it made me super uncomforable, same on Mr. Bandly...
I loved this post. It was so cute and funny. Though I didn't know Mr. Bandley, I sure can relate to blossoming as you've gotten older. I was the one with the terrible perm wearing the silly shirt with neon orange on it. It was one made famous by Michael Jackson and I thought I was sooo great wearing it. Now I look at that picture and CRINGE!
Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment