Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm A Total Dork!

So I haven't been able to post the last week because I couldn't get the pictures to upload off of my camera. It turns out I couldn't get them to upload because I was trying to take them from the wrong drive. I have been uploading pictures from this camera for the last three years, I don't know why I suddenly was not able to remember how to do it. Must have been a brain fart.
These pictures are from the Halloween party we went to last Saturday at our good friend's Anna and Justin. They had face painting by an actual artist and the girls turned out really good!

Hallie was a cat and Avery was a butterfly.

These next pictures are of our carmel apples we did for family home evening. They turned out delicious, but too hard! I knew I shouldn't have followed the recipe, but since I hadn't made it before I thought I would. It said to cook to hard ball stage which I knew was too long, but I thought I better follow the recipe. Too bad because when they were hot they really were good. Next year I will know better!

Me, slaving over the stove!

Jaxton especially enjoyed the carmel apples, can't you tell!

Poor Hayden spent the next 24 hours with a stomach bug, throwing up all night long, about every half hour. She didn't really get to enjoy her carmel apple.

YUM!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I made caramel apples for young women's a few weeks ago! Total Pain!! I think I like buying them already made. I guess it's the experience right! Your a fun mom

Natalie Que said...

Looks like fun! Too bad little Hayden was sick! Laine has a little friend (boy) named Cayden that she calls Hayden. It is pretty funny. He is in the pic from Halloween.

The Carmel Apples look great! We made some too, and don't kill over from shock, but Laine acutally did eat some of the apple. I think I will make them often if it gets her to eat fruit! We made ours with Riley Apples fresh from the farm.

We are making more today, I am going to keep some on hand to slice up when people come to see the house. I wrap them in wax paper and wrap them in pink raffia, it looks really nice, kind of homemade chic.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Great pictures too!