My mom collects these decorations called Anna Lee Dolls. If you are not familiar with them, they are made of felt with hand painted faces. Some are people, but others are animals, bears and mice mainly. My dad doesn't really have an appreciation for them and calls them "rat dolls," as does Nick.
Well we got out the Thanksgiving decorations this week and my mom gave me some of her Anna Lee when she moved to a smaller house a few years ago. Hayden fell in love with the "rat dolls," and was carrying them everywhere and putting them under blankets and singing to them. She was so broken hearted when we had to use them as decorations. Now she walks by them and says, "there's my boy and my chicken!" She thinks the turkey is a chicken.
This is another one of her fabulous outfits she came up with.

8 comments:
I guess the appreciation for the Anna Lee skipped a generation...I knew the grandkids would love them! By the way Tuesday Morning had them featured in their new sales brochere! If you need some peices to add to your collection. I did pick up 2 new fourth of July at Knotts Berry Farm! Dad and Hannah thought I was crazy...
Oh the good ol' Rat Dolls... And what is this business that she could actually play with them? If mom saw that, she would FREAK! This must be torture for Hayden... her new favorite toys just right there untouchable at her fingertips. It is a forbidden love...
Yes, Ben refers to them as dolls. He was very confused, when we first got married, as to why the house was decorated with rats.
It seemed normal as a kid, now I am with him wondering the same thing.
Rat dolls that is.
I am sorry, I am not into the rat dolls mom...I did think they were cute when I was younger but I just can't do it. To think all that money I wasted on things I liked just because you did ie:
-Rat Dolls
-Smoker Men
-Nutcrackers
By the way, are you so excited I finally got an account!
I am not seeing the pictures of the rat dolls! What's the deal? Julie, what happened to the beanie babies that you loved so much?! :)
Heather the anna lee came first...as for the beanie babies I still have those, but they are in some big bin in my closet I think!
Heather, never mention the beanie babies again. They have gone to a "special place".
Post a Comment