Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tagged!

I was tagged by my sister Kristine, so here it goes.

1. I absolutely love. . . my family of course! I have a fabulous husband who I still love to hang out with. We still have a fun time together and make each other laugh. I also have four adorable kids that I love so much and are the center of my world. They make life very interesting and they are the reason I do everything I do, well most everything, sometimes I do stuff just for me.

2. I don't care if. . .I never watch another TV commercial again. Thank goodness for TIVO!! It makes the reality shows that Nick likes so much watchable. Do you really need for Chris Harrison to point out that this is the last rose at the rose ceremony, I'm not blind, I can see that. Or do we need to hear Paula Abdul go on and on about what a beautiful person everyone is, um, I think this is a singing contest. Or the worst, is Survivor when they watch the people write down the name of who they wanted voted off, but don't actually show the name and then Jeff Probst pulls out the names and gives us the play by play. He says, one vote Mary, one vote Joe and then he pulls out Joe's name and updates us again in case we forgot in the last 5 seconds, one vote Mary, two votes Joe. It is so excruciatingly long, these shows could be about 20 minutes long. Sorry that is enough ranting, for now.

3. I like to. . .exercise! I hate the days that I miss. I feel so great when I am all finished. Exercise is one of those things that the more you do it the more you like it, because it gets easier as you get in better shape. I used to hate it. Lately, I especially love kickboxing. If you are feeling stressed or annoyed or frustrated it feels good to kick or punch as hard as you can. You must go ahhh! as you are punching or it just isn't the same.

4. I play. . .with my kids I guess, I don't really know what to put here. Maybe this is for people who are more fun than me, the only thing I really play is solitaire, maybe that should go under the next category. . .

5. I have a horrible habit of. . .staying up way too late! Every night as I am starting to read my scriptures at 11:30 I am saying "why do you do this to yourself?" There is no reason I should go to bed this late, my kids are all in bed by 7:30, which means they are up by 6:00. I just can't seem to get myself to bed any earlier, it is usually about midnight when I finally go to sleep.

6 I love to. . .be at home. I am such a homebody. Luckily I married a fellow homebody. It isn't that we don't like to go anywhere, we both love to go places but when it is time to go home, we are always ready to go. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed with your own pillow and having your own routine. My dad always says that he when I was in high school he used to give me money, the keys to the car and beg me to go somewhere. It wasn't that bad, anyone who knows me knows I would never turn down money!

I am not going to tag anyone, if you want to do it, great. It was pretty fun and I would love to hear all about all of you!

6 comments:

Kristine L. said...

It is funny that you said that about the rose thing... cause I noticed that a few weeks ago. There are like a million shots of how many roses are left and then Chris comes out and once again announces that there is only one rose left... while panning the camera in on that one rose. Ridiculous. Unfortunately, the budget doesn't exactly permit tivo for me right now. shucks.

And Solitaire... good ol classic Solitaire (enter mind image of you downstairs in the cave playing solitaire here)

Mel said...

You are so much like me! I am a reality TV person. I watch the Bachelor( don't tell anyone) Carl who acts like he is not watching and reading a book in the background always says, why do they say the final rose Duh! I watch Biggest loser, Survivor (never missed a season), Amazing Race and used to watch Apprentice (loved that show.) Anyways thanks for the info, it was fun to read!

Mel said...

Nicole, Kathy (Kate) is one of my great friends. We do a girl's trip once a year and she is in it. I love her! It is a small world

Natalie Que said...

Yeah, tivo is the only way to go (or renting tv from the library in our case).

By the way, TRUST ME, those videos are just as embarrasing for me, I was just kidding about posting them, though I think they would be a hit.

Englishfam said...

Good for you for exercising! I am in a rut right now but am hoping to get out of it by Monday. I always will start on Monday, but Monday always seems to come and go...

Newman Family said...

Nicole,
You are so funny. You crack me up. The best part of all is that you probably don't even try!! You're great. I'm so glad you found me!!
Meg