Thursday, December 20, 2007

We Are All Ready!!

I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. We are all ready for Christmas! Last night we delivered our treats to our friends and neighbors.



Hayden was thoroughly enjoying it as you can see. She just did not understand why we didn't want her to put her fingers in everything.

Jaxton thought it all looked pretty yummy!

The smile on my face is one of relief. I spent way too much time doing the treats this year. I don't know what I was thinking.

I made peppermint bark, homemade caramels, Nat's caramel and chocolate covered pretzels, oatmeal caramelitas, chocolate filled bars, spritz cookies, and lemon cookies. Everything was delicious if I do say so myself. I have eaten way to much as I was "testing" them all to make sure they were okay.

And finally, all of our presents are wrapped. I was waiting to wrap them because I knew they would be too tempting. Hayden has done surprisingly well with them though. She has picked them up and carried them around, but she hasn't attempted to open any of them. Sometimes she surprises me in the good way! Most of her surprises are not the good kind. Hallie and Avery have had so much fun shaking all of the presents and trying to figure out what they are!

Now all that is left is to make gingerbread houses with the cousin's on Saturday then down to Nick's mom's for Christmas celebration on Sunday. Should be a pretty fun weekend! Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Mel said...

I wish I was one on your list to get those goodies! I bought Martinelli's and called it a day. You are awesome!! Have fun with your traveling. Merry Christmas

Ashleigh said...

Incredible! I did the assortment of treats one year . . . never again. And just to add, I really dislike neighborhood gifts, but I cant not do them. I'm even more impressed thought that you did all this in the company of 4 kids. Merry Christmas!

Katrina said...

Okay, Super-mom, HOW did you manage all of that with FOUR kiddies?! Another one of those things I would have loved to do this year. You're my inspiration to suck it up and do better next year! I love that we're blogging buddies now! :)

Gaengy said...

I am right there with you. Hannah and I baked all day and then I delivered them myself since dad was at work and Hannah was babysitting. I dont know how you did it with 4 little ones though... I am glad the kitchen is closed for the night!!

Natalie Que said...

I didn't do neighbor gifts this year obviously, sad! Yours look great and probably DO actually taste good (unlike some, sorry) I actually like it though when they don't taste good so then I'm not tempted to eat them!