Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gingerbread Houses With Our Cousins

This was a whole lot of work but it sure was fun. Instead of doing presents for my niece and nephew, my sister-in-law Jammie and I decided to do a fun day together. Last year we did ornaments and sugar cookies. This year we did gingerbread houses. The kids had so much fun decorating their own houses.

I had never made homemade gingerbread before, I had only made the graham cracker kind before, but they turned out pretty good.
Avery, and her cousins Jordan and Brenden.

Hayden was having the time of her life eating all of the candy she could get her hands on. (She is wearing yet another one of her fabulous outfits)


I thought this picture was so cute of Avery whispering a secret to Jordan.

The finished products. They look great! The kids are already begging me to let them take them apart and eat them. I told them that I need to admire my hard work a little longer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how much fun is that!! And you made the gingerbread too? That's awesome! You need to give the recipe to me. Our family has a gingerbread hous contest on Thanksgiving to ring in the season. It would be even more fun with gingerbread we made outselves.

Gaengy said...

What a fun time for the kids...nothing funner than candy and cousins! Glad you had such a fun day. You are such a good mom!

Mel said...

Nicole Nicole you amaze me!! Homemade gingerbread. I didn't even do a costco one with my kids this year, Aunt Heather did it for me. You are so awesome!! Have fun at your mom's with your fam, and Merry Christmas!!

Natalie Que said...

Fun! That is a great idea, I hate the gifts thing!