
December 30th was our 9th Anniversary. Look at how young we are! By the time we could finally afford to purchase some of our wedding pictures, we could no longer find our photographer. So all we have is our proofs, so sad.
We were so lucky. It was a sunny 60 degrees the day of our wedding, which is so warm for December in Utah.
As I was looking through our album I noticed how nice my fingernails are. My sister Natalie and I spent forever putting on about 10 coats of polish to come up with that custom purple color. I think it is really classy!Everyone told us not to get married in December. They said we would never get to celebrate our anniversary and it would just get lumped in with Christmas. They were all right! We haven't been able to do anything great for our anniversary, but that is okay with us. We were students, so we got married during our winter break. We get to celebrate other times throughout the year!
This year's anniversary was no different, actually I think it was the worst on record. It fell on a Sunday, Avery was sick, so Nick went to the first two hours of church and then I went to the third because I was subbing in Sunbeams, yay! Then after church, Nick had to work, he worked until about 10:00 pm. While he was at work, I was doing lovely things like, holding crying children, folding laundry, which Avery threw up all over as soon as I was finished folding, so I then had to rewash it all, and cleaning the carpets that were stained by said throw up. So much fun all in one day!
This is a picture I took tonight because I couldn't find any recent pictures of us (Nick is holding poor little, sick Jaxton and I had to shove stuff off of the couch to sit down). So many things have happened in the last nine years. Four kids, two dogs, two cats, 6 moves across 3 states. Even though we had a crappy anniversary, we have a great life and a great marriage. It is great to still be able to make each other laugh and still enjoy one another's company so much. Nick is a great dad and a great husband and I wouldn't want to be on this crazy journey with anyone else. I know it is corny to say, but we really are best friends. Love you babe!

6 comments:
Hey, we got married Dec. 19th. 9 years ago, in Oakland and it sounds like our anniversaries were pretty similar! They both sucked!! Mark worked and slept all day! I cleaned and continued preparations for Christmas. I guess at least I didn't have sick kids. The trow up in our house didn't start until the morning of the 23rd!! I decided I can't have anymore kids. The more kids you have the more throw up you have to clean up! The moral of the story is "only have as many kids as you want to clean up throw up for" I guess I shouldn't of had any kids!! LOL
Congratulations! 9 years! WOW! We'll be there in July! I guess I didn't realize how close we got married (when we were so young and dumb, right?). We have a July anniversary, but that doesn't ensure a big exciting celebration either. Anyway, Congrats again!
It's so nice that you have such a good marriage with a great friend. That means the world! And it's wonderful that you cherish it! Kudos!
Happy Anniversary. Your day sounds mighty familiar. My Birthday falls on Father's Day and a Sunday this year. How GAY is that. Like you said it matters more the relationship you have rather than "What you did" that day. You are a great couple.
9 years! That is a long time! We will have our 7th in August. How time flies.
We share the same anniversary- Dec. 30th. It was the only day the temple was open during the Christmas break for sealings. We just celebrated our 15th. Time sure flies. Congratulations! I love reading your cute blog.
Post a Comment