Monday, January 14, 2008

Help!

I know this is a vain and self-indulgent posting, but I have had a long day of doing end of year bookkeeping and taxes for the business, while still taking care of four kids, so I need to think about something totally non-crucial and unimportant. . . so how about my hair?

I am constantly annoyed, frustrated and bugged by my hair. I get very bored with it and I am always wanting to do something different with it. It is driving me CRAZY right now. I have been growing it out for the last 2 years and it has been so hard, but now I am not sure why I am growing it out.

This is kind of how my hair is looking now(although this is right after it got done, so it probably doesn't look this good on a day to day basis). I think it is getting too long. I have a long face and the long hair is starting to make my chin look so long. You can't really tell in this picture but you can in this one:When I do my hair straight, I am starting to look like a drowned rat. So I am wondering if I should cut more bangs in again, kind of like this:
Although I had a really hard time with these bangs, getting them to blend with the rest of my hair. Now I am kind of wondering if I should just cut it all off.
Another self portrait. . .that seems to be the only pictures there are of me. This is the shortest that my hair has been. I think it is maybe a little too short. Nick loves it though.This is the same style but a bit longer.

This is about the same length, but straight(it is the same shirt too)
I like my hair here.

I don't know what to do. It has taken me sooo long to grow it out. There are advantages to having long hair, like I can put it in a ponytail, although I almost never do. And when it is short, you have to have it styled all of the time. You can't just wash it and let it air dry. Plus, when it is
short, I have to cut it all of the time(yes I cut my own hair, don't ask me why). And I can't wear it curly like this:


Plus, sometimes when it was short it ended up looking like this with a big lump on the side of my head, too much ratting, I guess:

Plus if I cut it all off and then want it long again, I will have to endure these ugly phases again, ugh: So my blogging friends, I need your help. Should I stick with the long hair that I have been growing out forever, or is it time for a change?

9 comments:

Gaengy said...

Okay here is my advise for what it is worth. I like your hair long now. I think it looks good, I also like the picture of the bob you had when Heidi cut your hair, that was a really good cut on you and was flattering. I would splurge on finding a good stylist to give you a proffesional cut if you want to make a drastic change. Ask people whos hair you like where they go, or you could track Heidi down when you come for the wedding. I totally hear you on this hair thing because I am growing mine out and it is still in the awkward stage and I wonder is it worth it because I get it done and it doesnt look too bad and with in an hour it looks terrible, so I feel for you! Good luck making your decision.

Lisa said...

That is a tough one!! I am afraid I have no advice for you but to say that I think it looks good both ways. I am a bit partial to long hair right now as I am trying to grow mine out and feel like it is in that yucky in between stage of looking all frumpy. I miss my long hair, but know that when it is long I will think about cutting it again. It is such a vicious cycle!!! Oh the things we have to endure as women!

Mel said...

Okay Nicole you make me laugh. I loved that you posted all of these pictures with your hair long and short :) SO funny. I am in the same phase. I want to chop my hair and everytime I do I regret it and grow it out again. Definately benefits to both. I like your hair the way it is now!! I don't think it makes your face look long. I think whatever you decide will look cute. But I do think you should get it done professionaly if you want a good cut. I loved Julia Stiles hair in the Bourne Ulitmateum and would love to do mine like that. But it never looks that good. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I am with Mom, I liked the chin length but I would really suggest you find a good stylist. I don't really think that's something you want to tackle on your own. But I like the hair length you have now but my favorite is the chin length. Good luck!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I'm going to put a vote in for the chin length bob. So cute! But, no lie... You really can wear your hair lots of different ways and it looks fabulous.

I might be drawn to that shorter bob because I myself am toying with the idea of cutting my hair shorter. (As of yet, this fact is unbeknownst to my husband.)

I swear, some days I'm minutes away from taking a pair of clippers to my head Britney-style.... so if I present those two options to my husband (Britney v. Bob), I bet he goes for that bob!

Gaengy said...

Hey dads vote is to keep it long. He thinks he looks great!

Newman Family said...

I don't know if I'm to late, but...... I like your hair both ways. I think it is really cute short in that picture, but it looks great long too. I always want a change but then regret cutting it off when it is all said and done! I probably don't help any....
Meg

Kristine L. said...

Ok first of all, what has our world come to? Can you imagine our ancestors in heaven being like "Are you serious? She is asking her blog friends for hair advice?!" :) So funny. Oh the wonderful world of technology. Speaking of which, maybe you should get a poll for the next little bit, that way you don't have to tally the votes by comments, people can just anonymously vote.

I like your hair both ways, but I am kinda liking it long for now. I am growing my hair out for the wedding and I just know the family would have a ton to say about me cutting it! :) I hate growing my hair out.

Ashleigh said...

I wrote a really long comment yesterday and then something happened and it didn't post. Anyway, I'm about ready to 1) ask for advice and 2) chop mine all off. I vote shorter. I can understand the pain of spending so much time on long hair and then really to achieve no real style in the end. Plus it always feels stringy and blah. I've been planning on loosing weight and then cutting mine for about 4 years and since I haven't lost the weight I have really long hair. I'm with your mom on the good stylist. With the right short hair cut it can take 8 minutes and look awesome. It's always seemed worth the money for a good, good cut. Good luck!