Friday, January 18, 2008

My New Pet Peeve


You know what is so annoying? When people bring their dog to the park and then act annoyed that your child wants to pet or look at or touch your dog. I am not talking about a large grassy park that dogs would frequent, this was more like a small playground type park, you know the kind that usually are full of children and are for children. This particular person was just sitting on the bench right in front of the playground, not walking his dogs around or anything. He had a beautiful husky and a husky puppy. What kid is not going to be tempted by that?

I asked him if Hayden could pet his dog and he pretty much said no. Hallie tried to ask him a few questions about his dog, and he just didn't even answer her. After this I just tried to steer the kids away from him, but Hayden would not be deterred. She just wanted to play with the puppy. If you don't want kids to look at your dogs, don't bring them to a children's park full of children. Enough said.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah I agree with you and I am not even a pet lover. I am kind of opposite with my kids, I don't really want them touching their dog in fear of it biting them or passing germs. But of course kids love dogs naturally, so it's nice if they encourage your kids to pet their animal. But don't bring it to the park if you don't want any kids touching it.

Ashleigh said...

I'm with you! Addison wants to pet every dog and I hate how annoyed people can get about it. A park with a play ground = kids. My other favorite one is our neighbor that takes his dogs for a walk, stops to let them pee in our yard and is irritated when Addison wants to pet the dogs. . . whatever.

Kristine L. said...

K... creepy. What was he doing at the children's park facing the children for anyway? If you see him again, threaten him. "Listen buddy, let my kids play with your puppy or I will report you for watching my children!" I think that would go over well...

Lisa said...

I was wondering why he is at the park as well.....Did he have kids there? Sounds like he had issues!

Nicole said...

The guy was there with his wife and daughter, who was probably 3 years old. He wasn't creepy so much as he was just rude. He and his wife were both really cold with each other, their daughter and everyone else. Their daughter kept asking the mom questions and she kept saying to her, "stop paying attention to everybody else and just concentrate on what you are doing."
I don't know if these two people were just dropped off on this planet, but, first of all, 3 year olds don't concentrate on much of anything. And secondly, when a little kid comes up to you and talks to you, you should respond. It is just part of the unwritten code of human conduct.

Natalie Que said...

Totally hear you on this one!