He also is refusing to eat solid foods. Here is a little video of our first attempt about a month ago.
The videos of Hallie's first meal are serene and quiet, poor Jaxton, most of the video isn't even him. He has a lot to compete with. Sometimes things are a bit chaotic at our house.
I have tried feeding him when things are a bit more quiet and calm and things have not improved. He acts like I am trying to feed him acid. He gags and then spits it out. Oh well, I am sure someday he will be interested!
The time has gone by so fast. I can't believe he is six months old today! It seems like I was just pregnant with him. I was so excited for Hallie to do everything and I was in such a hurry for her to grow up. Now I see how fast the time goes and it is so sad.
When Hallie was little I was talking with my mom and telling her about something naughty Hallie had done. She told me when we were all little, she was having a really bad day and so she called my grandma to complain to her. After she was done telling all of her woes, my grandma said to her, "Honey, these are the best days of your life, enjoy them!" My mom was crushed by this news. She thought, "this is as good as it gets, it all goes down hill from here?" Mom said to me, it is true. They were the best days of my life, I just didn't realize it at the time. As my kids are getting older, I totally see that it is true. You never get this opportunity to have little kids again, and the time just seems to go faster and faster.
Happy half birthday Jaxton!

10 comments:
Ok I have been stalking your blog for a long time & it is time to out myself! I am Jordan's Mom (duh) & this post was so cute to me. It reminded me so much of my life with my three little girls & their little brother, Jordan. With 3 wild and crazy girls, yelling & whining & competing with each other, there is nothing Jaxton can do but be sweet and quiet. He doesn't have a chance! That is why Jordan is the sweetest, most gentle, loving brother. Thanks for taking me down memory lane. Sniff...
Yes you brought tears to my eyes too. I still remember that day. I know you think I dont remember much but I remember that. I am glad that you got it much sooner than I did. On the cereal thing maybe if you gave him lucky charms he would like it better than the mush! Just kidding, but those kids love the marshmellows!
Amy, thanks for saying hi! Jordan does seem like such a sweetheart. We are all excited to have another brother-in-law to help balance us out. At least he has had a lot of practice with sisters and he won't be TOO overwhelmed by all of us. At first, Nick was very overwhelmed by the five of us constantly talking, he only has one sister, so he was not used to all of the chaos that goes with five girls. Can't wait to meet you all in March!
Thanks for the reminder to enjoy our children as they grow up....Sometimes I think we wish it away to fast and then it is gone. It makes me sad that they grow up so fast too!
Between the holidays and sick children, I feel like I haven't seen Jaxton in a little while... and he looks totally different now. So big!
It's probably for the best that I haven't run into the little guy in a while. I tend to want to bite cute babies' cheeks. And then for some reason, parents are occasionally put off by this behavior and suggest that I might try developing some "boundaries".
Ok he DEFINITELY looks like a Morton in that bottom picture. He is such a cutie. Can't wait to see him in March!
I can't believe how much he has grown just within the last month. Crazy. He is so cute! Love the red hair!!
He looks like a full on little boy in those pictures. Such a cute boy. It is true sometimes you feel like the days go by so slow and are you ever going to have your life back? But then I think I will miss them so much when they are grown up and gone. I am trying to enjoy each stage. Thanks for the reminder :)
That video is super cute, he is such a funny little boy. You have to bring him to the wedding. PLEASE!!! And little Hayden in the background, she is a funny little button. Love you, miss you lots!
Ok the video is so classic!! First off, his face is so funny when he takes a bite. Then you have Hayden in her "Seerella" dress as usual! It just seems like a typical day at my house (except with a lot more girls!) I do need the reminder too sometimes to enjoy these days. I am trying to find a preschool for Carter for the fall and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Preschool? already? Time does fly, but when you have changed about 5 dirty diapers in a row, the minutes are ticking by...
Post a Comment