Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy {Late} Birthday Avery!


Avery's birthday came and went while we were in Utah. Avery spent the first part of the day in the snow and then we visited the bounce house. More posts will follow to share all of our fun experiences that we had there, but here are the special things about Avery at age 5.

You are almost always obedient and diligent. You get super embarrassed if you get in trouble, and your face turns red. Most of the time you do what you are supposed to do and are very compliant. Every mother needs a child like you.

You hate when people call you carrot top, but you love your red hair.

As I mentioned in Hallie's birthday post, you love to do whatever Hallie is doing. We didn't have dinner at home, but I am sure if we did, it would have been spaghetti and meatballs. You two have a great time together playing house and Barbie's.

You are always neat and tidy. Your room is almost always spotless, unless your sisters have messed it up. You like things organized and orderly.

You love your high heels that grandma bought you last year. You wear them all day everyday that you can, everywhere that you can. One day you wore them until you had sores that were bleeding, but you still didn't want to take them off.

You are such a young lady. You are always sitting with your legs folded and your hands in your lap.

You are very good at being quiet. You learned how to whisper very young in life and you are very good at walking softly and talking softly when people are sleeping.

You are such a sleepy head. You came that way. As a baby you slept 22 hours a day, and you took 2 three hour naps until you were almost two. Even now you sometimes tell me you are tired and will go to bed at 4:00 in the afternoon.

Avery, you are such a delight and you truly are a life saver. We love you Eggy, and happy birthday!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Avery, she is such a doll. I absolutely love her red hair. It helps that she is so beautiful too!! I bet your little ones were happy to see you on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I am sorry I do like to call her Carrot Top or as Hallie says, "Carrot Bottom Top". Love you Avery!

Amy said...

Avery is the cutest, sweetest little girl. It was fun getting to know her and Hallie at the wedding. I wish I had known it was her birthday!

Gaengy said...

We love our Avery! It was fun to be together for her birthday. Did Cafe Rio come in a close second to spagetti and meatballs? We had lots of fun together at the bounce house too. Avery is a sweetheart

Anne said...

She is a doll. How do you get your kids to keep their rooms perfectly tidy? None of mine were blessed with that gene. I have to yell and scream and then maybe it will happen. Maybe. Avery is the perfect child- you are so lucky. Enjoy!!! :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Avery. What a sweetheart she is!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful young lady. How blessed you are to have her!

Thanks for sharing this so we can all learn about your wonderful kids!

Natalie Que said...

I kept checking back to your blog for anything new, but because I had seen this pic in Utah, I didn't realize it was a new post. I didn't even read it until now!

Happy Birthday Avery! Sorry your day was such a bust! I'm glad I got to spend it with you though!