First, her flight was canceled and so I spent the afternoon driving around, trying to find a parking spot, and then trying to not get a parking ticket. I was a Nervous Nelly trying to navigate around downtown, especially since as I mentioned before, my wonderful navigation system wasn't working. I drove into two parking garages that weren't the right ones for her hotel. Luckily they were the smallest parking garages in all of San Francisco, so they were really easy to navigate my mini-van through. I gave the parking attendants a good laugh though. So I gave up on trying to find her parking garage and just decided to park somewhere. I finally found some street parking a couple of miles away, but then I was really nervous as I watched 3 cars get towed away. Finally my sister arrived and we got all settled.
We headed out to my family's favorite pizza place in the Bay, Toto's Pizza. My aforementioned wonderful navigation system took us way far away to the take-out only location. We finally found the restaurant after driving around for about an hour. When we got there we noticed that they had a special running for the X-Large pizza and a family size salad. It seemed like it would be too much food, but we just couldn't pass up such a good deal. The pizza took up most of the table.

I am not a bit embarrassed to admit that the two of us ate half of it. It was SO good. My mouth is watering as I am looking at the pictures.
We went and got a cooler and I took the rest home to Nick. It was really fun to carry this cooler all around with me. When I was leaving to go home, the lid flew off in the middle of the street. So I was chasing it all around the street with my arms full of my luggage. As soon as I would try and pick it up, it would blow away again. So fun.
I spent the night on her hotel room floor. She was traveling with her co-worker and had two beds. It turns out that they were twin beds, so I slept right in between the two beds. It was quite cozy. The next day we went out to breakfast at a cute little diner and then to Fisherman's Wharf. We had the delicious sourdough bread and Katie rode the carousel.
Nick (Katie's co-worker), me, Katie and Katie-Jo (co-worker) down at the wharf.
Of course we got some salt water taffy, yum!
All in all it was a great little trip. It was fun to get away. Thanks Nick for watching the kids and letting me get away. Thanks for the great trip Katie. It was so fun to spend some time together!


13 comments:
Thanks Nicole for all the work you had to go through to bring me home a piece of that pizza. Love ya.
Nick
That pizza is yummy. Mom will want a road trip after reading this. Glad you had a good time. Dad
Ohhhh I was so jealous when I found out you went to Toto's! I was craving it soooo bad...but I am glad I did not drive all the way up there after hearing Katie's flight was cancelled because I could not have spent the night. Looks like tons of fun, glad you had the chance to go. Thanks Nick for being a good dad and giving Nicole a break!!
Your sister's post is hilarious. Funny must run in your family.
p.s. Have you tried Giovanni's pizza here in Sacramento? It looks a lot like Toto's (which I have not had the pleasure of trying). We love Giovanni's pizza.
It is good to see that you both got your photo taken at the photo shoot spot. That sign makes the picture all the more magical.
Looks like fun. I am JEALOUS! Can't wait for the sister trip to Chicago! EH? EH? Do it, you know you want to...
There is ABSOLUTELY no shame in 1/2 a pizza! Looks like fun and it makes me miss the CA sun and fun!
Ha ha, that really was a fun trip! MMMM Toto's, I am so glad we don't live by one of those....I think that wouldn't help the muffin top! And the posing...I had no idea I was so into it. Nice. Thanks for coming, that was a lot of fun. Love you!
We just went to San Fran and I had no idea about Toto's, now I want to go back! That pizza looks delish! It was very nice of Nick to give you a break, Mom's with little kids need them.
okay so I will just look at your blog everyday and pretend I am eating at Toto's...it makes my tummy rumble!
How fun. You just can't beat sister time. I really need some of that pizza please.
That's cute, loved the pics and stories. Wish I could have come! That is hilarious about the pizza and the cooler. But my favorite part is the blog title, you're hilarious.
I think my favorite part of this whole blog was the picture of you posing and then scrolling down to see Katie REALLY posing. haha Sister time is the best! Especially with no kids, and eating good food. So fun for you guys!
Cute sisters! I would have loved to join you. I feel like it's home there for me. I've been to Fisherman's Wharf a hundred times, everytime new visitors would come into town down to the wharf we went. Katie is a total poser. Love it! Gotta love parking in San Fran and I seriously can't believe you bought that cooler to carry the pizza home in. You are too funny!
Post a Comment