
I spent the last two days visiting my sister in San Francisco (pictures to come as soon as my sis sends them to me, my camera also did not work at all). She was staying right in downtown SF, which is pretty hard to navigate, so I borrowed Nick's super fancy navigation system. It would have been great except that it didn't work once I got to SF.
Every time that I needed to go somewhere, it lost the signal. Then it would finally find the signal and route me around and around in a circle. Then it got really frazzled and just started spitting directions out at me. At one intersection it told me to go right, and then it said to go left, and then it said to go straight. All of this added up to me trying to find my way home at the peak commuting time in downtown with crazy taxi drivers cutting me off and me trying not to run over any pedestrians. It was delightful. Next time I think that I will just stick to my super un-fancy MAP.

7 comments:
Oh I am sorry it did not work for you, especially since you are so good with maps...really she is, she is a husbands dream because she knows how to use it so well. I like our navigation, it usually works for me. Looking forward to the pics from the trip. Could be a while though Katie is recovering from her foot surgery this afternoon! She did well Lisa said...no fainting this time!!
That is so crazy! I would have been terrified as I get lost in Sacramento!
That seriously sucks, how frustrating! We got a NavMan when we got out here and it works great for the most part. Sometimes it routes us ways that seem way longer than we need to go, but it always gets us there! We did find out, however, that buying the maps for other regions are almost as expensive as the machine it's self costs which is ridiculous. Can't wait to see the pics!
Nicole did not mention that it did not work because she was right in the middle of downtown S.F. It could not pick up a signal because of the buildings. So once again the user blames the machine when in fact it is user error again.
Love Nick
Whatever, there was no user error. I was using it the right way, it is not my fault that it couldn't pick up the signal. What is the point of a navigation system that doesn't work if there are tall buildings in the way? It is pretty much pointless if it doesn't work in big cities, I don't need it in the suburbs.
~Nicole
As hard as the Tom Tom is, I swear it is way easier than the map! For me at least!
I love your debate on the blog :) So funny. I have never used one, I just call for directions. I can't wait to hear about your time with Katie. I wish I had joined you!
Post a Comment