Friday, February 19, 2010

A Letter to Hallie on Your 9th Birthday

(One of my New Year's resolutions was to start a new tradition of writing each of my children a letter on their birthdays)

My dearest Hallie,

Happy Birthday! It is hard to believe that another year is passed so soon, but it is not hard to believe that you are nine years old because really, you are nine going on at least twelve. You are such a beautiful, mature, sweet girl and I am so grateful for you.

You are such a good help to not only your dad and I but also to each of your siblings. Just yesterday, Avery was doing her homework and getting a little frustrated. Without being asked you sat down next to her and walked her through it. Last week when I was on the phone for a while after a really hard day, I came out of my room to find that you had washed all of the dishes and started to fold the laundry. These are just two of the thousands of acts of service you have performed over the last year.

You are so thoughtful. You are always thinking of others. You like to write little notes and cards for us. You also have done your best to steer clear of all of the drama at school with other little girls. You would never want to hurt others as you have seen others do.

You have really picked up a love of soccer and running around this year. You come home from school every day with sweaty hair. I flat iron your hair every day and then when I pick you up from school your hair is a curly mess!

You are very creative and have such a great imagination. You have become quite a good little artist and you make really beautiful drawings.

I love you so much and I am so glad that you are a part of our family. You are such a good example to not only your younger siblings but also to me.

Love,

Mom

5 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I can't say enough about Hallie and what a great kid I think she is. Hallie, you're wonderful! And what a gorgeous picture of a gorgeous girl you've posted there, Nicole. Love, love, love the whole post.

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! Hallie is growing so much! And I abet she is as sweet as chocolate like her mama!

Gaengy said...

She really is the sweetest thing. Happy Birthday my Hallie girl!

Kristine L. said...

I still can't believe she is NINE! It seems like yesterday when we found out you were pregnant and were literally SO excited.

She's a sweet little girl for sure!

Jenny G said...

This is such a cute tradition. They will cherish these letters. I'm totally going to copy you:)