Saturday, February 18, 2012
To Hallie on Your 11th Birthday
My Dearest Hallie,
Part of me can't believe that you are already 11 and part of me can't believe you are only 11. You are so mature and so smart and such a wonderful young lady. I could NOT be more proud of you. You make such good choices and are such a fantastic example to your brother and sisters.
Fifth grade had been a good year for you. You really like your teacher Ms. Feikert. I so appreciate how you are so responsible with your schoolwork. It is so important to you to do your best. You have such tenacity pushing through tough subjects and projects.
I am amazed by you. Your confidence amazes me. You not only take on tough challenges, but you are so brave in standing up for what is right and protecting others. You are so good to your brother and sisters and do willing to pitch in and help.
You continue to work hard at playing the piano. You also participated in the track team. Unfortunately, I knew nothing about track and so when I registered you for the meet, I registered you for the hardest event, the one mile. You had to run it right after running two other hard events. You were so tired and by the end you were running all by yourself. But you kept running. I was so proud of you. You took on the challenge of trying out for the basketball team, and though you knew nothing about basketball, you got out there and tried your best.
You are always so willing to try new things and put yourself out there, something I admire so much about you.
You took a nearly five month break from dessert this year. In August, you said you wanted to try going without sugar for the rest of the year. I thought there was no way you would be able to do it, but you did! You would come home from birthday parties with the cake wrapped in Saran Wrap to share with someone at home. You did not cheat even once! What an accomplishment for such a young girl.
You are such a beautiful girl on the inside and the outside. I love you so much! You are truly a joy to me. Keep being the beautiful, wonderful person that you are. I look forward to seeing the wonderful young lady you are going to be.
I love you,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I second that! Hallie is an amazing young girl! I too am very proud of Hallie and notice all those special things about her that are such a blessing to all of us that know her.
Happy birthday sweet girl! Love you!
Post a Comment