Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gee, Thanks Grandma

My mom felt so bad that the kids couldn't play with the rat dolls that I have that she decided to give the kids some of her extras.

When eBay was still new, my dad went a little crazy buying things. My mom used to have to travel to Las Vegas or California to get her Anna Lee dolls, so when he found so many rat dolls on eBay for such good prices, what else could he do but buy all that he could find. So these pieces aren't so special and she gave them to the kids. She tried to give the kids these little elves that you pose like they are climbing things, but they were just way too creepy and I said no. So the girls settled for this weird bear and a reindeer that is about 2 feet tall. Just what we need giant stuffed animals that are too precious to throw away.

I forgot to mention when my mom and I were out shopping last Friday, she found some Anna Lee at Tuesday Morning. She tried to buy this big, ugly, white mouse, but I talked her out of it, your welcome Natalie and Katie. She really wanted this Mrs. Santa that was pretty cute, but "she" (yes, mom refers to them as he and she, not it) was too expensive as mom had just spent all of her spending money on new toys for the grand kids. What a good grandma!

If you haven't read the first rat doll post, you must read that first or this probably won't make much sense, you can find it here.

6 comments:

riley said...

Ahh! More Rat dolls! It is so funny being a kid and going along with stuff like this, thinking it was the greatest stuff since sliced bread. Then you grow up and realize it is not "normal" to decorate your house with Rats {or a Frog couple sitting cross legged on a sewing machine made of sticks for that matter...}

Ashleigh said...

Okay, so that really is horrible (no offense Julie). A picture was definately needed. And I agree with Natalie. You grow up with things thinking they're cute and normal and then 10 years later you see it and are in complete wonder as to how you accepted this as a normal thing.

Nicole said...

Mom, I don't want you to feel picked on. I personally think some of the Anna Lee is cute, it isn't my taste but there are some really cute pieces. The Mrs. Santa that you were looking at was really cute, and I like the gray mice, but I don't care for the white ones, and those elves were just plain creepy. I like coming home and seeing the house decorated with all of the Anna Lee, it makes me feel like home, even though it isn't the house that I grew up it. Love you!

Gaengy said...

You guys I really am "developing" a sense of humor! I was laughing so hard at the frog thing...I have had some interesting decorations and then I realize that some of them were not as cute as I thought they were. You know I am a late bloomer! I did thow all the frog stuff out when we moved. At the time it fit in with my country theme. I do love most of my anna lee though and dont take it personal if you dont like it. I am glad the grandkids enjoy it. I will save the creepy elves for them to play with at grandmas!!

Gaengy said...

cute new font too Nicole!

Englishfam said...

Oh Julie, you are a good sport! I must say though that Panda Bear is pretty scary!! haha
p.s. my mom was big into geese/ducks back in the 80s and now I see them coming back at Rod Works! AAHHH!