Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Maroon 5



Last night Nick and I had the opportunity to act like young, fun people. Nick's sister Emily gave us tickets to the Maroon 5 concert for Christmas. We had such good tickets, we were in the front row and were literally about 2 feet from the band. We were screaming and cheering and dancing like 14 year old girls. It was so much fun. Here we are before the concert.




The opening band was Phantom Planet. I guess they sing the song from the TV show the O.C., California. They were really good.



Next were the Hives and they were hilarious. It may have been the most entertaining half hour I have ever experienced. The lead singer spent a good part of the time doing high kicks, throwing his microphone in the air and blowing kisses to the audience. The lead guitarist didn't do much guitar playing but he was quite entertaining. He cocked his head like a chicken and talked to the audience and threw guitar picks into the audience, that is his picture above. The drummer would throw his drumsticks way up in the air and catch them and go right back to playing. All in all it was very entertaining. They are from Sweden, and I can't help but wonder if all Swedish people are weird or is just Swedish musicians. Here is a clip of them from You Tube if you want to check them out. That video is pretty weird, but I think this is my favorite Swedish music video of all time.





These pictures of Maroon 5 are not zoomed in, we were actually this close to them. It was really cool. They sounded so good live, they put on an awesome show. Also the lead singer thanked us for being there about five or six times, it was nice to be appreciated. It was a fabulous night and we had so much fun. Thanks Emily!

6 comments:

Kristine L. said...

Sounds like fun! I am definitely definitely jealous! Especially of those seats!

Kristine L. said...

p.s. Where are those pictures of that funny outfit Hayden put on that one day? I have been patiently waiting!

riley said...

I tried to leave a message yesterday, I typed the whole dang thing out twice and something was wrong with blogger. Jeez..

Anyway, way fun concert, I am so jealous too, I love Maroon 5. Of course the tickets were a gift, I can't see you being the one to pay the actual money to go!

Love the Swedish stuff. Ben has a Swedish coworker that he loves to razz. You've just given him more fodder.

Mel said...

How fun!! Nick doesn't look that thrilled to be there :) What a fun date, I have never had seats like that! Thanks for you nice comment on my blog, I hate drawing attention to myself!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. I've never been to a concert and been that close. What a great gift!

Newman Family said...

I'm so jealous. I love Maroon 5. When are ya coming to visit?? How's your baby doing? Adjusting to having 4? I can't believe how big he is getting!

Meg